Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan with multiple Alexa echos...

Family plan with multiple Alexa echos...

uk...family plan premium...

I have took out the family plan so that th members of the family at home can have their own playlists etc...

Turns out that because Amazon only allow two different echo devices to be classed as a household, the family plan can’t actually work.

If all Echos are registered to my email address then you can only add one more adult to the Amazon household, providing them with their own email account access so they can then access Spotify family premium.

The rest of the echos in the house have to stay on my email details and account or they won’t ‘talk’ to each other as echos...eg shared access to shopping lists or the drop in feature to work as an intercom.

So it seems the Spotify family idea doesn’t work based on Amazon echo devices...unless someone can tell me where I’m going wrong? Thanks.

2 Replies

Hey and welcome to the Spotify community!

Unfortunately, I need to tell you that you are unable to do this since Amazons handling doesn't allow you to add more accounts. Sorry!

Merry Christmas 🙂

Hey @Hissingdwarf,

Just to add to what @songassistant said: 

Spotify are aware of this, and are always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, including integrations with third parties, but unfortunately we don't have any further information to share at the moment.

To stay up-to-date on any news regarding this, please head over to the idea on the topic here.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions on this.

Suggested posts