Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan won't let us listen simultaneously

Solved!

Family plan won't let us listen simultaneously

We have a family plan, and even when we are logged in to our individual profiles, only one of us can listen at once.  If I'm at my desktop logged in as me and listening, and then my wife logs in as herself and goes to listen on Alexa, I have to stop listening.

I thought the whole idea of the family plan was that as long as we set up individual profiles, we could listen to different music simultaneously.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's werd indeed, espcially  because the account of your wife is connected. It would  make sense if your account was connected and your wife is listening on alexa because then the same account is used twice. You are sure you are not connected somehow? You could change your password, then you know for sure it can't connect.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @ElDuderino57,

Yes indeed that's how it works, every user can list via his/her account. Both users are even both premium subscribers. 

Did your wife install spotify on her mobile phone and can she listen simultaneously from there?

Thanks,

René

Yes, my wife has installed spotify on her phone, and we can listen to different songs simultaneously.

The problem is specific to Alexa.  Even though I have linked her Spotify [profile to Alexa and not mine, whenever she listens through Alexa I get bumped off.

Hi @ElDuderino57,

Not sure what you expect, you want to listen on the same speaker simultaneously?

Regards,

René

No, I want to be able to listen on my phone using my account while she listens at home using Alexa.

We can both listen to Spotify with our phones simultaneously, but when one person uses Alexa, everyone else is bumped off, no matter where they are or what device they are using.

Marked as solution

That's werd indeed, espcially  because the account of your wife is connected. It would  make sense if your account was connected and your wife is listening on alexa because then the same account is used twice. You are sure you are not connected somehow? You could change your password, then you know for sure it can't connect.

Regards,

René

Checking the passwords led me to the fix.  She was signed in on Spotify as herself on her phone and her profile was signed in on Alexa, but somehow, Alexa was still linked to my Spotify profile.  A quick unlink, sign out, sign in and re-link, and we're all good.  Thanks!

Hi @ElDuderino57,

Good to hear it's solved. Can you mark my post as a solution? 

Thanks,

René

Suggested posts