Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium account to play on multiple devices simultaneously

Family premium account to play on multiple devices simultaneously

• Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify family Premium account. All accounts are registered to either me or my kids. We all have the echo dots in our bedrooms (as well as kitchen) but we cant play our music from our own account on the echo at the same time. So for example if I'm listening to spotify in my room, as soon as my son in his room asks his echo to play music ,- my echo stops playing and his music plays on his device.

Can you please help resolve this? And give me a step by step guide of how we can all play our music from our family accounts st the same time?

4 Replies

Hey @Mamborghini ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Each family member needs to log into their own account on their chosen device to listen.

This means everyone gets their own playlists and saved music, and you don’t have to take turns or share login details.

If you can't listen at the same time, someone's logged into the wrong account. They need to log out, then back in using the email address they used to join the plan.

You can check member accounts from your Family page at www.spotify.com/account/family

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Mamborghini,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @Maxim has already written.

Since you're all using Alexa devices to listen to Spotify, you should also make sure that your individual Spotify accounts aren't linked with the same Amazon account. Each one of you will need to set his Echo up with an own Amazon ID, otherwise they will all sync to the same Spotify account. You can read more about this in the Good to know section of this article

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else. We're happy to lend a hand 🙂

This is really a horrid implementation and reason enough for me to keep revisting Amazon Music Family plan.

In my household there is myself, wife and two 5 year old boys.

We have a couple tablets, Notebook, Mobile Phones and about 5 echo devices.

Because our kids are 5 only me and my wife have an account.  Which means although we pay for family and can have up to 5 accounts, we keep kicking each other out.

I guess I could create a third account and set every household echo to use that third account.  But wait, NO because two different cannot play at the same time so I cannot be in the living room and kids in loft without changing account "Alexa Switch Accounts".

I could switch account but then if i leave, my phone keeps getting kicked off because i left myself "logged in" on the living room echo.  I've had to call and ask my wife to switch accounts.

It's just an aweful experience, only stay because i like your playlists better.

Why not just allow the family account to use the the same user on more than 1 device but limit it to 5 devices?

that would solve this and also allow for us to share playlists easily, again, i have two 5 year olds and a non techie wife, why should it be so difficult.

Please be better.

Hi @scoxicans1978,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community. We value your feedback and appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this!

We're always looking for new ways to improve the overall Spotify experience and have developed a new app which will allow our younger listeners to join the Family plan. When we roll out Spotify Kids in every market, users will be able to give parental consent to add children under the minimum required age to their Premium Family plan.

Right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets, but we hope to have it available in other markets soon! Head here if you want to read more about the Kids app.

As for the ability to play Spotify on multiple Alexa devices without interrupting each others listening experience, we'd suggest taking a look at this post and following the steps to link your accounts. You can also check out this Amazon help page to learn more about automatic voice recognition. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts