Premium

Country

UK

Device

Multiple devices

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Ive got a family premium account but my wife and I can't play Spotify at the same time. She's logged in to her own account and I'm logged in to my own. I'm the Plan owner and I've checked that her account is on the plan ok.
All the set up seems fine, we just can't both play Spotify at the same time. It seems ok with our kids' accounts, it's just an issue with the accounts for me and my wife. 

6 Replies

Hi there @des_scot,

thanks for posting !

I need you to explain exactly what you mean by playing both accounts at the same time ?

If your accounts are private nothing should cause this issue.

In order to make sure you logged into your own accounts i suggest both of you log out and back in using your own credentials to your private accounts to see if it makes any change.

Let me know if i understood correctly.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that if I’m listening to Spotify on my phone with my account, my wife can’t listen to Spotify on her phone with her account.

If I’m playing music then my playback will stop when she presses play. I’ll then restart my music which causes her playback to stop. That can carry on til one of us comes thru and asks why their music keeps stopping.

I’ve tried logging out both accounts and logging them back in but the issue still occurs.

Thanks again

Hi @des_scot,

thanks for the update !

What you're describing means you're both logged onto the same accounts or that your devices might be on the Spotify Connect and it somehow effects it.

Please make sure to check out this help page on the Spotify connect feature.

I do want you to have both accounts logged out then log back in on just one of them and try using another family member device to play music and see if it happends as well.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Hi there,

I think that’s the issue and that’s why I’m posting as we’ve both got our own accounts, we’re logged in to our own accounts on our own phones, we’re listening to Spotify on different machines - last night it was two different Sonos machines via Spotify connect. I’ve got the family management and my wife’s account is one of the family accounts ... so the set up all looks fine.

I’ll try logging us out again and back in and see how that works.

Thanks again

Hi @des_scot,

It seems like a small connectivity issue between accounts or devices.

Follow my last post so'll have better indication of how to solve it.

Rest assure i'm always around to check on how it goes so don't hesitate to reply back to the post updating me till we fix it.

Waiting to see how your did 🙂

Hi There

I am interested by your Q&A because I have got quite the same issue. I have subscribed a Family Premium. I - as the Family manager- have send invitation to all my family members. Each of them replied to the invitation and became Family members. I can see them when looking the details of my family plan on my accounts. But no one can listen his own music separately at the same time. It is like there is only one account for everybody. Thanks for your help. Best. Eva

Suggested posts