Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium not showing on my account t

Solved!

Family premium not showing on my account t

Hi,

I just upgraded from my Free account to Premium and all was ok, my account showed Premium and I got 3 months free as per the offer.

I then purchased The Family Plan for max 6 people with the 3 months free special offer - my understanding was that I had to upgrade to Premium first and then get Premium Family.

The problem is that after paying for both Premium and the extra for Premium Family, my account does not show Premium Family and I do not have the family controls such as managing then Family users or doing the Family Mix.

However Family Premium works - I sent the link to my kids and wife who have joined the Family Premium no problem, their accounts show Premium Family and they are participating in the Family Mix.

So why can my kids & wife join the Family Premium but my account does not show it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok thx, all clear now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @Nigelfish!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll gladly help you solve this.

Can you start by checking your subscription status with the steps here?

If you don't see the update to Premium Family, it's possible that you have 2 accounts with us and you've updated one of them to Family and the other one is on Premium Individual.

Take a look at this page under ''Do you have more than one Premium account?'' to see what you can do to locate your second account. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I can see that I am Premium Family on my account via spotify.com I did
not even realise that there was a spotify.com as I have done everything via
the app on my phone!!

On my account via spotify.com I can also view family members and the family
mix so it all looks ok.

However on my phone the app says Premium only and not Family, and there are
no Family features like viewing family members or the family mix, is this
correct?

Also, I noticed on my account that my next pay date is 24 Aug, should this
not be 24 Sept as I got 3 mths free as part of the promotion?

Regards - Nigel

Hey @Nigelfish!

You can only manage your Family plan from our web site, but you should be able to see the Family mix in the app. 

Make sure that you've joined the Family Mix from this page and then you can search for it in the app.

We have an offer where you can get ''3 months Premium Family'' offer directly, but you mention that you first got the Premium Individual offer and then upgraded to Family. 

This upgrade means that your Premium time will be reduced because of the price difference between the two subscriptions.

Hope this info helps!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Ok thx, all clear now.

Suggested posts