Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family's music is messing with my Release Radar and Discover Weekly

Family's music is messing with my Release Radar and Discover Weekly

Plan: Premium (Family)

My Question or Issue

I love to use Spotify and all their suggested playlists. Since about 2 months now, my family created a family-subscribtion. The problem with that is, that I always find (a lot) of songs played by my father in my personal mixes (not the family mix).

Can you help with that? My suggestions as well as Discover Weekly and Release Radar are totally messed up with his preferences, not mine :(.

Chris

5 Replies

Hey there @ChrisGaeng

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

When using the Family plan, each member has their own account with their own suggested playlists. It appears in this case that your father might be logged in to your own account when using Spotify. He'll need to log out on his device and log back in with the correct credentials. 

You can tell which account someone is logged in by looking at their Spotify username (which they'll find here in their Account page under Profile). This way he can see if he's using his own account.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your reply. I know that each user should have their own playlist (which should not be interfering with other family members).

Unfortunately is is logged in with his own account, not mine. 😞 so the problem persists.

Chris

Hey there @ChrisGaeng

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to double-check, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify-app on your device? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove any old data on the device and replace them with the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi Ivan,

we tried that. Unfortunately the same behaviour ;(

Hey there @ChrisGaeng,

Thanks for getting back in touch and trying this!

Are you using any smart speakers for example Alexa or Google Home devices?

If so, it's possible one of the devices your father is using is linked with your Spotify account.

To unlink them, you can either follow the steps here to log out everywhere or (for devices like Alexa, Google Home or Sonos) unlink the Spotify account connect from the speaker's app. Your father can then link again the speaker or log in with his own Spotify account.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts