Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family subscription

Family subscription

Hi,

I've switched to the family subscription over a year ago and added my father. He already had an account with his email address but he is still being charged even though he used the same email address to register on my family plan.

How can this be fixed? He's been paying for over a year when it shouldn't be the case!

Thanks,

Anorah

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Who is your Spotify for Family subscription manager? If it's you, could you check from the Family overview page, if he's part of your subscription or not. If it's not you, could you tell the Spotify for Family manager to check on this?

In addition, could you tell your father to check his account overview page, to see if he's part of your Family Subscription, or if he by accident is part of a standalone premium subscription.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Leo

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Hello,

I am the family subscription manager and I can see that he is part of my
family plan. I also checked his account and it says: Your account is part
of a family plan, please refer to the Premium for Family owner to manage
your plan.

Thank you

Hello!

It sounds like has multiple accounts. 

May I ask you to confirm that the account added to the family and the one he is getting charged to are the same? When you successfully upgrade to Spotify Premium, you receive a confirmation email. Please make sure, that when he is logging in to the account, he isusing that username on the email. If its a ten digit number, use the log in with facebook tab. Once he's logged on, tell him to cancel the subscription. 

If you managed to find the account, or if you are having troubles finding the right account, please come back to me and we can look into some further troubleshooting. Best of luck,
Leo

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Suggested posts