Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Force an Admin Change in Family Plan

Solved!

Force an Admin Change in Family Plan

Hi, this is kind of a difficult topic to talk about for me but if I don't do anything, I'll have serious trouble, so here goes.

I created a Family Plan for me and my roommates in order to all have Premium together, since my friends couldn't afford it by themselves, only I could. When we created the family account, one of my roommate's girlfriend also wanted to be included. We didn't mind since she would pay her part, as everyone else. When we tried to put the address of the dorm we shared, the app didn't accept it, so the girlfriend offered using her house's address as the one for everyone. We didn't complain since that gave us a solution, so we made the registration and put her as the admin for the account, even though I was the one with the card in the plan. You may get where this is going.

So, eventually, my roommate and his girlfriend got into this huge fight and ended their relationship. I was friends with her but after the fight, she stopped talking to me too. When we got together so everyone could pay their part, she wouldn't show up and wouldn't answer when called. I'm not willing to keep paying for her Premium and want to get her out of the plan but since I'm not the admin, I can't do that. Is there a way to get her out or change the admin forcefully to me in order to do so myself?

Thanks in advance to everyone who read such a long story, and sorry about that.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FallenPhantom,

Thanks for your patience as I took a look into this!

First, I'd recommend reaching out to your bank/financial institution. Ask them if the option for recurring payments can be deactivated for your payment card. If the bank manages to deactivate it, no charge will be paid on the next billing date and all accounts in this family plan will automatically revert to free. 

Another way is to contact Customer Support. If you're able to prove ownership of the payment card, the support staff will cancel the Premium Family subscription. All accounts will get on free again and then everyone else that was on the plan may start a new family plan. You can get in touch with Spotify here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @FallenPhantom, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I am checking over some support articles from Spotify, and I am not seeing anything regarding being able to change the plan manager to a new one. 

No worries though, I'll take a look at this and get back to you shortly. 

Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey @FallenPhantom,

Thanks for your patience as I took a look into this!

First, I'd recommend reaching out to your bank/financial institution. Ask them if the option for recurring payments can be deactivated for your payment card. If the bank manages to deactivate it, no charge will be paid on the next billing date and all accounts in this family plan will automatically revert to free. 

Another way is to contact Customer Support. If you're able to prove ownership of the payment card, the support staff will cancel the Premium Family subscription. All accounts will get on free again and then everyone else that was on the plan may start a new family plan. You can get in touch with Spotify here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts