Step 1

NEXT STEP

From Premium to Family with iTunes

Solved!

From Premium to Family with iTunes

premium

Germany

Hello,
I suppose this question has been asked a hundred times, but I couldn't find a solution, so I'm going to ask you one more time:
Can I convert my premium account subscribed to iTunes into a family account? and if so, how? If I cancel the subscription on Itunes, are my playlists all gone? Or do they persist? I hope you can help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Imschi,

We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Once you've done that and your account is reverted back to free, you can sign up for Spotify Family here. Good luck! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Imschi,

We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Once you've done that and your account is reverted back to free, you can sign up for Spotify Family here. Good luck! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Do you loose all your playlists?

Hi there @csklatt,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know exactly what subscription you're planning on switching from, so we can give more relevant information?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have Spotify Premium through iTunes, which is neither my broadband or mobile provider. 2 questions:

Do I have to cancel through iTunes, let it expire, then sign up for Family through Spotify directly? 

Since I am basically ending my account (through iTunes), how do I keep my playlists and history when starting the Family account? 

Hey @brianduffy1,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You're right on the subscription part - you can cancel the Premium Individual subscription through iTunes then let it expire and get a new Family subscription.

You can do this using the same account as the change in subscriptions doesn't affect the account itself, just make sure you're logged in on the right account when activating the new Family subscription. Afterwards you'll be able to enjoy your music collection as before.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thanks.  I have cancelled my account and my wife's.  They don't run out until 2/15 and 2/26 respectively.  Does this mean I can't sign up for the Family Premium until after both accounts expire?  Or can I do it now that I have cancelled.

Hey @brianduffy1,

Thanks for getting back to us!

You need to wait until the accounts revert to free and then you'll be able to sign up for Premium Family through Spotify directly. 

Here you can find more info on how to start Family plan. 

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts