Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Going from Premium (via third party) to Family

Going from Premium (via third party) to Family

Hi,

I have a Premium account through my mobile provider, however I want to have a Family account. I canceled my Premium account at my mobile provider, but this keeps on for a month. Do I have to wait the full month before being able to have the Family account? I canceled the Premium account a week ago.

Best,

Sonay

Sonay28

3 Replies

Hey @Sonay28,

Yes, you'll have to wait until your account has reverted back to Spotify's Free plan before you'll be able to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I’m having the same problem. Is there any way i can go from the Premium account (via third party) to the Family one without losing all the songs in my library and the ones I have downloaded onto my phone (about 1200)? Because from what I know when you switch to a Free account you lose the ability to do that.

Hey there @juuvilella1

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As @Maxim mentioned, when signed up through a third party, you need to contact them first and cancel your Spotify subscription. Then you'll wait until your account gets back on Free.

This action won't affect your music collection or the playlists you've created.  

Once you're on Free, you can go ahead and subscribe for Family

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts