Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada and the UK where users can grab a Google Nest Mini with a Premium subscription (Non-owner accounts of Premium plans like Duo and Family are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but check out our Ongoing issue if you have trouble with redeeming your device.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

197 Replies

Same problem for me. No discount applied. Can we please get some help for this issue?

@swiftymusic@Cryosin89@Kybassplayer.

Thanks for the reports! In this case, I'd recommend contacting Spotify customer support as they can help you out further. You can check this out here.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

When I tried to redeem my home mini for having  afamily plan, Google STILL charged me the full price so I had to cancel the order.  I used the link in my email and also went through the spotify website and it still tried to charge me for it.  I switch to the family plan so I could use this offer.  How can I redeem this?

Hey @Chevycobb, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Can you send me a screenshot of what happens when you try to redeem this offer? 

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'd also like to add that in a small popup box at the bottom of the google store, it says something along the lines of "your promo code has been added, see the discount in the check out". With nothing coming of it, just a ~$49 pricetag.

I am having the exact same problem, fill me in on fix as well please

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We're here to help 🙂

Could you make sure you have followed the following steps:

1. Log in to http://www.spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  2. Select the colour of the device
  3. Click Buy?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you have any further questions or queries.

Hi there, yes I am using those steps and still having the same issue. 

Sure.  It allows me to choose a color and even says promo has been applied but it hasnt on the checkout screen and still tries to charge me.

Googlemini.JPG

I'm also running into the same problem. I clicked the link in the email. I pick the mini color. I check out but still see the $49 + tax amount. I checked and I am registered. In the URL it even has the discount code.

Good luck getting any help from spotify support on this, have chatted several times after they said it’s been escalated but never getting back to me within the time frame they said they would.

• Spotify family master username they're attempting with
    [snip - removed by moderator]
  • Google login email address 
  • [snip - removed by moderator]
  • Google checkout URL?
    [snip - removed by moderator]

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. I called Google and they asked me to reach out to Spotify.

Pls sir mi familia we need the mini pls i will message u with my email tank u

Hey folks, 

This is best handled by our support staff who will be able to take a closer look. Please reach out to them here.

All the best!

Quick update since I am having a similar issue with my order. I did connect with Spotify support and spend probably an hour with them. The support dude was very nice:) and helpful but they did not get back to me.

Since I am a software engineer here is my 5 cents on this issue. This may help people around to understand the issue with canceled orders.

1. Spotify has a single google promotion code locked for every user.

2. This code activates when we visit this URL http://www.spotify.com/googlehome/redeem

3. This code then applied at the Google Store Checkout page.

4. When Google received the order this promo code marked as used by Google so you can not order 100 Home Mini with a single promo code:)

5. It does not matter how many times you will open URL at step 2. The Spotify will still send the same used promo code to Google Store. That is why we got a full price at the checkout page.

6. Spotify can not check which order was canceled by Google automatically and that's where we stuck:)

Anyone get an update on this? Also getting the same thing. I get to checkout, and it claims its applied the promotion, but it hasn't. Still seeing $49 as my total.

The support chat really is a waste of time, they offered to escalate to a special team which never responds in the time frame they set, this is on multiple occasions. I am very familiar with customer support industry and messaging support as well and their team frankly is a disappointment and the main reason I am no longer a Spotify customer. 

I've gone back and forth with support at least 5 times on this issue. They are prompt in responding to me but clealy have no clue as to how to resolve the issue.  I did just forward them the post here about the promo code having already been registered and that causing Google's backend to mark the promo as having already been used.

I'll keep you posted on what I hear back.

I would suggest pushing support to issue new promo codes to us. If enough of us do it they may get approval to do so. 

To start a case all you need to do is send an email to support@spotify.com

Suggested posts