Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

musicalymia
Regular

Hit up the Google Chat support line!  It look the person about 5 minutes to get it working for me!  I was horribly frustrated before this.  I have a hunch they make it this difficult for a reason though!

musicalymia
Regular

nicole7749
Visitor

Hey!! I want to let you know that I was having the same issue. I came here first since I knew that this was a promotion by spotify but this did not really seem to help. I ended up calling google and they resolved the issue so if what I am about to write does not help I recommend calling this number and have them help you through it step by step. I took me less than 20 mins on the phone to resolve the issue and it is legit. So this only works if you got an email from spotify saying "Your Google Home Mini is now available" open that email and follow all the steps until you are sent to the google store page aasking you to choose the color of your google mini. Once you are there if you look at the URL, a bunch of random stuff and then: promocode= and then a random string of letters and numbers. YOU MUST COPY THAT RANDOM STRING OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS. Once that is copied, choose the color you want and it will take you to your cart. Here you should see that the promo code has been automatically applied (and if it has not been, enter the promo code you copied into the box where it lets you write the promo code). You will know if the promo code has been applied if the total comes out to be $0.00. Once you see that, click on confirm purchase. If it says you have to fill out a form of payment, choose a form of payment and put in the info required. (It only does this if you have never bought something off of google and basically has you put it in there because they have nothing on file for you). After you put in your information, MAKE SURE THAT THE TOTAL IS STILL $0.00!!! Once you have checked that and it still says your total is $0.00. preceed to the next page and I'm pretty sure thats it. That page should show you that your total is $0.00 and it should show you all the info you put in in the beginning (your address, phone nummber, payment info, etc.) And thats it!! You should have your google home mini shipped to you in about a couple weeks. If something goes wrong while trying to follow these steps, go back and try again or start over. If that doesn't help, I once again recomend calling this number:

1 (855) 836-3987

Mandy was the google worker that helped me resolve this issue and she was incredibly helpful and patient. I really hope this helps some of you guys out there who have the same issue as me. Good Luck!!!

Solution!

Hey all,

Check out this Spotify Answers if you have any issues with getting Google Home mini.

Hope it helps. Seeing that this topic is from one of our previous offers, we'll be closing it as not to confuse users with old info.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

crabtreemolly

This worked for me! Thank you for posting!

Myung
Visitor

I THINK THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!! I submitted to recieve the free google mini as a premium member. upon submission, I recieved confirmation of my request. I then got an email to link the Google Mini with my Spotify account to be able to use it when it arrived. I accepted all conditions of linking and it said that I was not eligible. I think this is a scam for Spotify to get access to all your Google account information.

Highlighted

Hey @Myung,

No worries, it's not a scam. But you do need to be eligible.

Check out my previous post for more info on how to get the Google Home mini.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS