Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Chevycobb
Music Fan

I think its bad that we have to keep going after them to get it taken care of, but sure enough they sent me a new link last night after demanding that they send me one ASAP.  I just got an email that it has been shipped and will be delivered in 10-13 days.  We will see....

EFDisaster
Regular

I got a replacement code this morning, a month after asking for one via support chat.

I loaded up the link, the code wasn't showing, but when I typed in the code from the end of the URL in the email, it showed up correctly. Took the entire charge for the Mini out of the Cart, $0 order. Submitted, waited, email received from Google: order canceled. AGAIN.

I called Google, or had them call me, as that's their quickest support option. They said the cancellation was a payment issue (same as a month ago, even though that was a different credit card, from a different bank, each with enough 'available credit' to buy the thing at full price at the time).

They said there wasn't anything they could do and that Spotify would need to issue a new code... more deja vu... I went to Spotify contact, talked to some chat rep who said they'd email me a new code. Hopefully it won't be a month this time... and hey, maybe it'll work? I don't know which card to use for my $0 transaction this time. At some point I will run out of payment methods.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

I got a tracking number for mine now.  Shipped on the 3rd and supposed to be delivered on the 15th.  Didnt know they still delivered by horse....

Oh well its on the way and thats what matters now.

tnin
Casual Listener

EFDisaster:  When my first order was cancelled, Google Support indicated that it might be related to the fact that I had entered a new credit card during the order (I had never ordered from the Google Store before).  When I got my replacement code from Spotify (3 weeks later), I was able to successfully place the order using the credit card information I had saved from the previous failed order.  So it appears, in my case at least, that having a credit card already saved at the Google Store may have been the key to success.  Your mileage may vary.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

It was finally delivered yesterday so there you have it....

If you never received a new email with a new promo code, demand they send you one or else you may not even get it at all.  

Now on to my next Spotify issue....

lemel
Casual Listener

Looping back to wrap up my story.

I originally posted a reply to the Spotify facebook post where complaints were piling up. They apparently made a point to respond to each of the people on that post, including me. Across several weeks, I occassionally pinged the Spotify facebook support chat window that they'd originally opened with me, just to remind them that I hadn't heard back (but no griping), and each time they responded with some version of "we're working on it, thanks for your patience".

After maybe a month(?) I pinged again and this time they asked for an email address. Within 24 hours I recieved a new promo link via email. I completed the transaction with $0 charge in a regular (non icognito) browser tab, and within about a week the device showed up in the mail.

I was initially upset at the possibility that I'd been bait-and-switched, but after realizing that they were caught off guard by this as well, I kind of let go of the expectation of receiving anything. I happen to know what it's like to be on the other side of a something like this, so I have a large measure of grace to offer, especially considering that they seem **bleep**-bent on resolving each case, however long it takes. And, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Google's payment system is actually at the heart of this problem, but that's another story...

Best of luck, all. Thanks for all the feedback and tips, it helped me navigate it all.

EFDisaster
Regular

I think Google's system, the codes themselves, or some combination of the two is at fault. I don't blame Spotify, really, but it is sad that it took a month for them to get me a new code the first time. I guess I'll expect a new code in February.

sinnamingrrl
Casual Listener

Several people are resolved. 

Im not. Contacted supirt yesterday and they said “out of stock”...total BS, he escalated.... terrible 

smoking_angels
Music Fan

Can you help me get a link for the free Google Mini, I have been going back and forth with Google and Spotify for almost 2 months now. Original link didn't work and I was charged for the Mini and had to return. Second Mini was cancelled.

Timeline attached

Chevycobb
Music Fan

I think everyone's link is different with different unique promo codes that are attached to your account.

Maybe try sending Spotify a message on Facebook messenger.  That was one outlet where they seem to respond.  Tell them you like a new code and give them the email address on your Spotify account.  

SUGGESTED POSTS