Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

smoking_angels
Music Fan
You can return to Google for a refund.
After that don't call Google because they won't help.
I have heard people getting help from Spotify, but that is just a rumor, my experience was repeated requests for help before they ended up saying the offer was expired after over 10 correspondences.

SteveMat
Casual Listener

I cannot believe how badly Spotify have stuffed up this promotion. I upgraded my subscription in good faith and folloed their instructions and have had my order cancelled by google. I have transcripts of text conversations with spotify promising the issue will be sorted. I was told... "Don't worry! You've already secured a device and you're 101% eligible for it."

I've since contacted them again to sort it out but nothing yet. Quite frankly I'm beginning to feel that I've been conned. 

musicalymia
Regular
Hey Folks! I had the same issue, contacted Google chat support, they gave me a $10 google store credit and solved the issue!

Google Support:
https://support.google.com/store?visit_id=637074393860198871-1125689064&hl=en&rd=1#topic=3237699&con...

I had went through the steps and it charged me full price. After contacting them, they verified that my order cancellation went through. He then had me follow the promo link from the email I got from spotify in INCOGNITO MODE in my browser. It then proceeded to add the promo without issue!

The last round that they ran this promo, I never got it. So I am happy this time worked. You can only use the promo once whether it be now, or the couple years ago they did this before.

Hope this helps! TRY INCOGNITO MODE! You'll have to sign in to everything, but it worked for me.

Re: Google home Mini not free (Family premium)

musicalymia
Regular

Try again in incognito mode in your browser!

musicalymia
Regular

Here is what worked for me, I also ordered and was charged full price.

Hey Folks! I had the same issue, contacted Google chat support, they gave me a $10 google store credit and solved the issue!

Google Support:
https://support.google.com/store?visit_id=637074393860198871-1125689064&hl=en&rd=1#topic=3237699&con...

I had went through the steps and it charged me full price. After contacting them, they verified that my order cancellation went through. He then had me follow the promo link from the email I got from spotify in INCOGNITO MODE in my browser. It then proceeded to add the promo without issue!

The last round that they ran this promo, I never got it. So I am happy this time worked. You can only use the promo once whether it be now, or the couple years ago they did this before.

Hope this helps! TRY INCOGNITO MODE! You'll have to sign in to everything, but it worked for me.

musicalymia
Regular

I jumped on Google chat, they gave me a $10 credit and helped me through the process.  The trick is to figure out where the support channels are, because they hide it well!

Google Support:

Ebiosx
Visitor

I attempted to re-do the purchase through incognito but it says the offer is no longer valid for me. 

I purchased the original one and cancelled the order since it charged me full price. What can I do at this point? 

Annotation 2019-10-23 214416.png

ErikG
Roadie

Jackie_787
Casual Listener

I had the same issue and tried doing the whole entire process again in incognito mode. I still got the same issue of it charging me the original price, however, I copied and pasted the code in the URL link into the promotional code box and IT WORKED! 

DeTullio1002
Casual Listener

I cant even get a code.. says im not eligible!!... and I am.  ugh... whatever..

SUGGESTED POSTS