Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion

Google Home Mini Promotion

My Question or Issue

I submitted my order through the link provided by Spotify for the google home mini promotion. When I submitted the order, I did it via a guest account and not my personal google account, which is required for the promotion order to go through. Therefore, google could not process the order and I have not recieved my google home mini.

I would like to resubmit my order with the promotion, but the link does not allow me to do so. Can you send me an updated link so I can re-submit my order for the google home mini? 

12 Replies

Hey @leontheman.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

In order to register for the Google Home Mini deal, you need to do so here.

If you've already done this, then head here and follow the steps there.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you're still having issues - we'll be right here to help 🙂

I received the email to obtain the free Google Home Mini.  I clicked on the link and ordered the mini.  Unfortunately, I had to navigate away from the page for a moment.  When I came back to order, the promo discount was no longer applied.  I actually went through the ordering processing thinking it would eventually be applied, but it was not.  I ended up cancelling the order because I was not expecting to pay for the mini.  How do I go about getting a reactivated link so that I can take advantage of the offer?  I tried the steps in your email to @leontheman, but that didn't work for me.  

Hey there @Angie69,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

In this case, we'd recommend trying the steps below in an incognito or private window in your browser:

1. Log into your Spotify account
  2. Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  3. Select the colour of the device, and click Buy

Keep in mind that going to /redeem when logged in should automatically apply the code assigned to you. 

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest reaching out to us by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I appreciate your response.  Unfortunately, this is just not working for me.  I've tried using an incognito window and different browsers.  I also contacted Spotify support about a week ago and was told they knew about the issue and to just "try again" later.  Obviously, this has been a very frustrating endeavor.

Thanks for the response. None of the solutions have worked I have reached out to the Spotify support team and had a chat with them last week. It appears they are still working on resolving the issue as I have not recieved an update yet. 

Will keep you updated.

Hey @leontheman and @Angie69,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you get in touch with our Customer Support team again via this link? This seems to be an ongoing issue which requires further troubleshooting, which they will be able to help you with.

Do keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

I'm having the same issue as well. I contacted Google support and they directed me to Spotify Support. I had a chat session with Spotify Support on Dec 4th and directed them to this thread. They said they will look into it but I have not heard back from anyone.

I have contacted Spotify support three times since this offer was released in an attempt to resolve the issue.  So far, Spotify appears to not have a clue as to how to correct the problem.  Today, I was told that it is a Google availability/shipping issue, which is absolutely not the case.  The problem is with the promo code not device availability.  This has been a real "black eye" to Spotify as I've noticed numerous other people on this forum having the same problem.  It is simply unacceptable not to get a clear response and solution.

The tickets I file on this issue keep getting closed after a couple of days without ever being resolved.  It is EXTREMELY frustrating...

I'm also being told that the codes are given out by google and cannot be reused but they also are saying that they are working on the problem.  However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to get the promotion honored and how they will contact me if they keep closing my tickets... it feels like the worst support organization in history.

I’ve just spent over 2 hours going between Spotify and Google over this issue. Both companies have been blaming the other and neither one will fix this issue. I finally got a Spotify agent in chat and if you signed up for this promotion already having a free account they will not honor it. They basically told me tough luck. I immediately canceled my Spotify account and will be filing a complaint with the BBB for false advertising. I’d suggest anyone else in this situation do the same. This was a great gimmick to sign up new Premium members but they appear to have no plans to honor it.

For the people who signed up and it wasn't free (I moved from Student to Family Account with plans on surprising my family for Christmas) I am not getting honored either it seems. I haven't got a response from Spotify yet.

Just updating this thread with events since my last post.  I received a follow-up email from Spotify Support on 12/15 stating that the promo ended on 12/14 (which contradicted the original email), they could not provide a new link, and they realize how "disappointing" it must be for me that I did not receive the Mini.  I responded that I WAS disappointed in Spotify's very poor customer service and that I no longer wanted to do business with a company that cannot be trusted to stand behind its advertising.  I also told them that I planned to cancel my premium subscription.  Later, on 12/22, I received an email from Spotify Support with a new link to redeem the Google Home Mini.  I went through the process, and it appears to have been successful as the discount was applied and Google has notified me that my device has shipped.  I am appreciative of Spotify stepping up and sending another link, but it is awfully strange how many different answers I got from various chat reps and Spotify emails on this subject.  I hope that Spotify management takes the time to review "lessons learned" from this whole experience.

Suggested posts