Premium Family 

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I received a special promotional code from Spotify for a complimentary Google Home Mini. I immediately purchased the item in mid-December through Google Store.  I was excited.  Cool, I can compare Google Home Mini to my Amazon Alexa. All good. I got confirmation of order.  Was given a tracking number.  Even got acknowledgement from FedEx that the product had moved locations and was in transit.  Awesome

I sit and wait for the Google Home Mini. And I wait. And I check tracking.  Hey, wasn’t that Google Home Mini supposed to arrive somewhere around December 26-29.  I never got that item. And then I call/chat or email on January 20, 2019: 1. FedEx, 2. Google Store, 3. FedEx, 4. Google Store, 5. Spotify, 6. Google Store, 7. Spotify, 7, Google Store…..  I think you get the picture. I went around and around and around. Everyone is pointing fingers at the other company.  Finally on Step 6, on a call to Google Store, I’m told that the item never left the warehouse.  The tracking number was issued, but didn’t align with an actual package.  So Google Store tells me there was a problem (the problem was very vague). They didn’t have the item to ship.  Imagine that Google Store didn’t have a Google Home Mini in their warehouses to ship. Google Store knew it.  Spotify knew it.  FedEx knew it.  Turns out I’m the only one that didn’t know about it.  And because I didn’t call in before January 16, I can’t get a new promotional code issued.  

And all I get from Spotify Customer service is bland responses that say "we'll look into it" and a contradictory message in the same email of "sorry, that promotion ended on January 15."  

Did anyone else run into this same problem? 

Did anyone lese get an inane response form Spotify?
1 Reply

I still do not have my Google Home mini speaker that was promised. As above comments, I went through FedEx, Google, Spotify supports, etc. The FedEx tracking showed never transferred to USPS for deliver, but they couldn't do a trace because i hadn't noticed and it had been over two weeks. Spotify made an attempt to resend me the link to the promotional speaker, but guess what? That link says limit one and I had already claimed mine. I'm beginning to think I should just shell out the $$ for my own, not Spotify branded, Google Home Mini and cancel my family subscription. Obviously this promotion was not well executed. Also, support, SIMPLE support request, is a little hard to navigate to on Spotify site. Lets just say I'm quite disappointed. 

Suggested posts