Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Mini offer potential data security issue

Google Mini offer potential data security issue

Shame on you Spotify! You promote free Google Mini for Subscribers.  Only to find out you MUST share credit card information to get a FREE (repeat FREE) gift. In a world where data privacy is a MUST and Data theft is rampant, you FAIL Spotify.   You should at least specify this in the free email offer rather than let it go all the way to checkout time.  Im sure you will fault Google for this . But you should know the business arrangement and be transparent with your subscribers about it ahead of time.   

3 Replies

Hey there @richdefo,

Thanks for posting regarding this and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that in order to avail the offer, you'll first need to follow the steps below:

1. Log into Spotify.
  2. If you were already a Premium for Family plan owner, head here to register for the offer. If you've subscribed for Premium for Family for the first time, go to step 3 instead.
  3. Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  4. You should be now redirected to Google Home store to select your preferred colour of the device and click Buy.

On another note, if you have any questions regarding the device order or delivery/shipping, we'd suggest reaching out to the good folks at Google for more info.

Hope this helps clarify things 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry but, this does not address or clarify my issue.  The issue is that  Credit Card data is REQUIRED in order for this FREE deal to happen.  I dont use Google Pay nor have a Credit card on file with Google.  And I should nto have to do so in order to get my gift.  Spotify should have said  upfront " to take advantage of this offer you must provide credit card data or have one on file with Google"  That would have saved alot of effort for people in my situation rather than finding that out at the very end. 

Thanks

Rich   

Hey there @richdefo,

Thanks for getting back in touch and clarifying.

We appreciate your comments and we'll make sure to pass on the feedback. 

However, keep in mind that for any questions regarding the device order on the Google Store checkout page or delivery/shipping of the device, we'd suggest reaching out to the good folks at Google for more info.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts