Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home mini promo

Solved!

Google home mini promo

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel

My Question or Issue

How long did existing customers have to wait before the Google home mini email was received? I registered on the 1st and am wondering if I did something wrong or if others are also waiting. Thanks so much.

29 Replies

Exactly.  FYI, DO NOT expect a mini at this point.  I was told they were out of stock, given a generic apology, and then given the generic "We'll look into it," in regards to the Google home page that conveniently shows up after they get their fifteen bucks.  Suffice to say, I cancelled my subscription a whopping three hours after subscribing and have asked for a refund that will be better spent on buying a mini or on my Google/YouTube subscription.

I signed up for a premium family plan specifically for this offer. Now that I see it's a bait and switch, I have cancelled and requested (and received) a refund. I'm going to Pandora or somewhere else, where at least I'll receive what I'm paying for.

After you click register on it, it takes you to the same old page.  Again if this has ended they shouldn't have still been advertising it.  Someone from Spotify needs to come on here and let us know.

Hey all,

The Premium for Family and Google Home Mini bundle was a limited time offer while supplies last. More about this in the Terms and Conditions.

Keep an eye out for any other offers we might have in the future. If you have further questions. Please let us know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Ordered my google mini promotion in mid-November and it went through ok but it still hasn't shipped (as of 12/19).  Google keeps saying they are having shipping problems due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday and any other excuse they can think up while on the phone...  Really, still having "shipping problems" after 5 weeks?

Spotify - you should have picked a better promotional partner.

While you all say that on your Spotify QA twitter even. This was still advertised after the fact it ended.  Which is why I and many others purchased family plan as we didn't check the Spotify support twitter. Terrible business practices.

Hello

@Kyle-M wrote:

Hi Cadboy,

Just wanted to let you know that I found Spotify's chat support, and they were able to figure out my problem. For me, since my account was registered through Facebook I didn't have an email address associated with my account (hence, no promo code email!). They sent me a direct link that I could use for the promotion. Once you've registered for the promo, here were their instructions:

1. Log into your Spotify account.
2. Go to http://spotify.com/us/googlehome/redeem.
3. Select colour of the device and click Buy.

In case that doesn't work, I'd suggest bugging chat support directly: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

The link does not work.  I get an error message

"Thank you so much for your interest.
We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.
We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future."

And after 15 mins with Support Chat, Jeno B (Support staff) stated that someone will get back to me, and she could not confirm what date they will get back to me. But that I should trust Jeno B, and that the offer is good!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Premium for Family and Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada where users can grab a Google Home Mini with Premium (Premium for Family and Student subscriptions are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but if you have any other questions feel free to start a new one in our help section.

Thanks!

Hi.  Can you tell me when the Charcoal colour is going to be available to order in this promo?  Trying to figure out if I should wait or not as that's the colour I'd like to have.

Thanks in advance.

Can you explain why Family Premium is not included?

Suggested posts