Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have Premium Family but two of us can't listen to different feeds at same time.

Solved!

Have Premium Family but two of us can't listen to different feeds at same time.

We have Premium Family.  My wife is listening on her iPhone in the car and I try to listen on my Mac laptop at my desk (neither of us have established playlists, so we are both streaming different songs or artists as we are choosing them in real time).  But when I try to listen, I can only see what she is listening to, which I don't want (and I can't even hear it if I did).  Is this because we can't do separate streaming sessions, even on Family?  Does one of us need to have a playlist and be listening offline?  That seems crazy...  I tried looking at preferences etc and can't figure this out.  

BTW, both of us are in our 60's and want nothing to do with Facebook, etc.  We are the only two users on our account.  We don't want to share with friends, or each other.  We just want to both be able to play music on Spotify, completely independent of each other, without interference.  That was the whole point of upgrading to Family.  Is this possible, or is it necessary for us to have separate accounts at $10/month, instead of

one at $15/month?    Thanks, Jim

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Just create another account, then login from the account that have the Family subscription activated and go here. Follow the steps to invite the other account and you have 2 separated accounts paying $15/month and you can listen to different songs at the same time!

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

Just create another account, then login from the account that have the Family subscription activated and go here. Follow the steps to invite the other account and you have 2 separated accounts paying $15/month and you can listen to different songs at the same time!

Have a nice day 🙂

Hola como puedo ver la direccion con la que registre mi cuenta, al momento de querer registrar miembros de mi familia me dice que no es la misma dirección : l

Get in contact with Spotify to change it: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply, reply back to it so it can escalate to an human support.

Suggested posts