Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Does Family Premium Work

How Does Family Premium Work

Hey guys,

I'm considering switching over from my student membership over to the family premium membership.

I was just curious as how how this works. For example, does this require 6 separate accounts on spotify, or does everyone on the family premium use the single account o on which the membership is active. I'm just confused as to how this works.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @SlapJack94, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Premium Family is a discount subscription for up to 6 family members who live together. The subscription plan includes a separate Spotify account for each user, so everyone keeps their own music and login details. The Premium Family plan has the same Premium features as your Premium Student plan.

There is some more information on getting started with a Premium Family plan here. There is also some more information on what this plan entails in this Spotify Answer.

If you have any more questions, just let me know. I'd be happy to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Billy-J
Oh great, thank you for the reply.
And so this essentially means with the Family-Premium, I COULD send an invitation to 6 people to include them in a plan, as long as they are already registered for spotify?

Hey @SlapJack94,

Yes that's correct! They'll all keep their separate existing accounts, and they won't lose their saved content on their account. You can also send an invite to someone who doesn't have an existing Spotify account - and when they accept the invite they'll be able to create a new account with Spotify.

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts