Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How add songs/playlists to Kids' Premium Family Kids Account?

Solved!

How add songs/playlists to Kids' Premium Family Kids Account?

Premium Family Account with 2 Kid's Accounts. 

Kids Accounts set to OLDER Kids

Using iPads but has nothing to do with issue/question.

Is there a setting/option that I can share a Playlist with my kids from my open/unfiltered Master Account that will appear in their (Older) Kids Accounts.

Before the recent "Kids Accounts" feature was added, I had a special account set to No Explicit and I had a "SafeForKids" named playlist that I would drop songs into and it was the only Playlist on their device.  

I'd like to drop that same Playlist into their new "Kids Account" because some of the songs do not qualify or exist in the realm of songs available in the "Kids Account" world they have access to.

That make sense?  Any ideas or is this even possible being that these accounts technically don't have Playlists, they only have "Favorites."

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here's how to share playlists to a Spotify Kids account as part of a Premium Family plan, using the Spotify Kids app on Android (I expect it works the same on iOS?). You need to be the "Plan Owner" to share playlists. It will only let you share playlists that you have created yourself rather than ones you have added to your library. You will need to check the playlists yourself for songs with explicit content.

1. Open the Spotify Kids app
  2. On the "Who's Listening?" screen, tap the Grown Ups gear icon and enter your PIN when prompted
  3. Choose the kid's account you want to share a playlist with
  4. Scroll down and tap on "Shared Playlists"
  5. Scroll down to see your playlists
  6. Tap to select the playlist(s) you wish to share with that child
  7. Tap Share to confirm
  8. Go back to the "Who's Listening?" screen and select the kid you just shared the playlists with
  9. Your child can scroll down to "Shared with you" to find the playlists you just shared
  10. Repeat the above for each child!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey there @MortysTW!

Thanks for bringing this up with us and welcome to the Community. We'll be happy to explain a bit more about this.

Right now all the songs in the Kids app are curated by a team of our editors and it's not possible to add songs that are not already included in the catalog.

As you mention the app has the feature to save songs in Favorites and if you'd like to add the songs from the playlists you used to have, you'll need to look them up and add them manually.

We understand that this might take some time but we're doing our best to provide a safe and pleasant environment in the Kids app, so some features work differently between the two apps.

Hopefully this info helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I appreciate the filtering. I do feel much better leaving my kids alone
with their free (filtrered) choice of music. Was just hoping there was a
way to slip in manually via Parental Controls specific songs. As some
music artist are explicit but will put out a clean song occasionally safe
for the kids. And such songs do not exist in the search query of the Kids
App.

But thank you for the reply. Maybe in the future you guys can figure out
something with your legal department that tags songs as "Added by Parent"
and maybe some how in the Parent's App they have a list of all songs they
added and maybe tag the Artists as Explicit, even if the song isn't. Just
keep jamming in the parents face what THEY added so they can't say "I had
no idea Spotify, I'm going to sue you for destroying my innocent child."
So that when some moron tries to to sue Spotify over a song they personally
added, you guys are safe. Such as "Ring my Bell" by Anita Ward. Been
singing along not thinking about it until one day I learned what female
anatomy piece the "Bell" represented when I was close to 40 years old.
And suddenly the song technically can be qualified as explicit.

I get it. Legal issue you are avoiding. Thank you for reply. Please
keep it on the back burner of features if you guys figure it out please.

You may want to vote for this change in the new ideas... this is keyword link I found
[All Platforms][Subscription] Share playlist with Spotify Kids

Thanks. I'm new to their board and didn't realize that existed.

It would be really nice if we could share a song to our kids account through premium. For example, my daughter falls asleep to the same song every night. That ties up my account so I can’t listen to anything else once she is in bed. If the sleep song could play from her account, I could use mine! Thanks for considering! 

Hey there @Blinkeburger,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Just posting the link to the idea @Natelygidget mentioned here. You can add you support there for the introduction of playlist sharing with Kids accounts.

In the meantime perhaps you could use Connect for your situation. If you log in to your own account on both your daughters device and on your own over the same wifi network, you can remote control what is played when she falls asleep. After that you can switch the playback back to your own device. You can find more about this feature in this Support Article. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Marked as solution

Here's how to share playlists to a Spotify Kids account as part of a Premium Family plan, using the Spotify Kids app on Android (I expect it works the same on iOS?). You need to be the "Plan Owner" to share playlists. It will only let you share playlists that you have created yourself rather than ones you have added to your library. You will need to check the playlists yourself for songs with explicit content.

1. Open the Spotify Kids app
  2. On the "Who's Listening?" screen, tap the Grown Ups gear icon and enter your PIN when prompted
  3. Choose the kid's account you want to share a playlist with
  4. Scroll down and tap on "Shared Playlists"
  5. Scroll down to see your playlists
  6. Tap to select the playlist(s) you wish to share with that child
  7. Tap Share to confirm
  8. Go back to the "Who's Listening?" screen and select the kid you just shared the playlists with
  9. Your child can scroll down to "Shared with you" to find the playlists you just shared
  10. Repeat the above for each child!

Hey folks!

Thanks for your interest in this feature.

We can confirm that now it's possible to share playlists from the manager account with the Kids accounts. 

Take a look here for more info on this.

The steps from @jcG41 are also accurate so you can give them a try!

Hope this info helps!

ElenaModerator

Hi,

I just followed the instructions for a freshly set up kids account after joining spotify family. So I shared one of my playlists by accessing the adults area in the kids app. The only thing I could do was choosing it, no other buttons in sight.

However, after returning to my childs view, I couldn‘t see the shared playlist. What could be the reason?

Thank you

Solved it. I think there is a step missing between step 7 and 8 where you need to choose save🙄

Hi Elena, thanks for the info on sharing to a kid's profile! Might we get the ability to share playlists from the family accounts? My wife and I have separate accounts on the family plan abd have created different playlists for our 5 year old daughter. It works be great to be able to share from both profiles, not just the manager. Unfortunately it's not possibly to share a shared playlist to the kids profile.

Thanks,

Ray

Hi there @Reborn627,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand where you're coming from, but currently it's not possible to share playlists from all the family member accounts to the Kids app. We've passed on your feedback about this to the relevant teams at Spotify.

You can also add your  vote to this Idea. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts