Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I share a playlist with my daughter's Spotify Kids?

How can I share a playlist with my daughter's Spotify Kids?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

HTC phone; iPad

My Question or Issue

Yesterday on my daughter's Spotify Kids app while trying to add Suzuki violin pieces to her favourites list, I found out that you can now share playlists with your children. Great! Except that it then stated I had no playlists to share. However, I do have playlists, not many, but I do have them and I don't know why it told me I don't have any. Anyway, disregarding that for a moment, I read on. Go to Settings, User account then Shared playlists. I went to my phone, went to Spotify settings, tapped on my name, and up came my 3 Public playlists, but no 'shared' playlists. On Spotify Kids, it said I basically have to find this Shared Playlists list, and click on whatever one I want to share with her. When I click on a playlist, it just opens it; there is no option to share it to Spotify Kids. There is of course an option to share, but that gives me the whole Facebook, Twitter, copy link etc list, none of which is helpful when trying to give my daughter a playlist into her Spotify Kids app as there is nowhere she can put a link and it won't allow searching for other than what is already there (and the Suzuki violin pieces are not there). I also tried on this laptop (Windows 10). There is no way to do it. It's really great that it's apparently a thing now (as I see from past posts that many people suggested this), but it doesn't seem to be working!

2 Replies

Can someone please answer me? All the other posts have responses. I really want to share a playlist and have followed all directions given in the Spotify Kids app.

Hi there @Juliep2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently all the songs in the Kids app are curated by a team of our editors and it's not possible to add songs that are not already included in the catalog.

You'll need to look up manually any songs you'd want to add them to your kids' playlists if they are available on the platform.

We understand that this might take some time but we're doing our best to provide a safe and pleasant environment in the Kids app, so some features work differently between the two apps.

We found this New Idea thread in which other users request the possibility to add songs and playlists from the adults to the Kids app. You can head over there and add your +Vote to show support. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hopefully this info helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts