How do random people add to my family account?

How do random people add to my family account?

user-removed
Not applicable

Plan: Premium/Family

My Question or Issue

I've already had this issue before (like a few month ago) and I just deleted the unwanted accounts, but now more people added. The second account on the picture is my SO, but the other two (plus one more that I just removed) added to my account without any notification or verification from Spotify. I find this quite concerning.

Spotifywtf.PNG

5 Replies

Re: How do random people add to my family account?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

I've signed out from all the devices after the first this happened and haven't used my account anywhere but my PC and my phone. Even if I left my account signed in somewhere, it wouldn't explain how someone was able to get added to my family account. They would need to know my address, don't they? Also, I'm signed up with Facebook if that makes it any different.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

user-removed
Not applicable

Seriously, what the actual **bleep**... I just removed those people from my account a few days ago, went to check my account today and this dude decides to join in:

spotifywtf_v1.1.PNG

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for letting me know.

As mentioned previously, I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take :)

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS