Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How does Spotify determine where my home is in Spotify Family plan?

How does Spotify determine where my home is in Spotify Family plan?

Family/ Premium

Country

United States

Device

Multiple Platforms

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

So I signed up for Spotify Family away from my actual home. I am on my laptop at a friends house and I purchased a Family subscription for the people that live with me. Do they require me to purchase the subscription at my house on my own internet connection. I didn't think of this because I want to send a email to my brother at home and if it is not this IP that I am registered to will it not let him on it. Will I have to cancel my subscription and resubscribe? It is this kind of thing I'm not a hundred precent sure about. I use Spotify everywhere there is a wifi connection even here at my friends house. So, is it just by my physical address, my IP address or a combination of the both? Does it go by the address registered to my debit card?

1 Reply

Hey @edbennett1979.

Thanks for your question - we'll be glad to answer 🙂

It doesn't matter where you subscribe for the Family subscription from, not does it matter what connection you are on. As long as the address that your Family members enter when they are invited matches the address you entered when creating the plan, you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you need any help with your Premium for Family plan - we'll be right here 🙂

Suggested posts