Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change account owner

How to change account owner

Hello.

We just updated one account to Family Plan and that account is now owner. So now we have one owner and some member accounts. How do we change the owner status to another account?

10 Replies

Hello Tomba-73, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, you can’t change the manager of a Premium Family plan, but the current manager can cancel. Then, when all accounts go back to the free service at the next billing date, a new manager can start a new plan.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post a new message!

Family plan just once a year ? 

You seriously cannot develop a better solution to this problem?  Are you joking me, Spotify?  What is this, 2002?

Agreed. It would be a faff to have to reconnect all of the users to the new family plan. It should be easier to do (though I can only imagine what the internal data stores look like!)

Would we loose all our download music 

Wow I can see why I am reading what I am reading in these comments. This is a huge fault Spotify! That really is one of the default options with any app where multiple users share one account, and a manager of that account has to be chosen.  Should be added in settings as an option like right now. Put an update out ASAP!

I have had premium for years. I signed my family up to premium and told my dad he could get audiobooks with it, turns out only I can but he's the only one in the family who would listen to them. Are you saying I have to cancel my years long premium and get everyone else to sign up to my dad's plan? What if I'm the bill payer?

I'm in the same situation - I am wanting the audiobooks but am not the manager so now no one uses the audiobook function 

Yeah -- my sister wants to use audiobooks and I dont use it as account manager -- i cant just designate her as manager is silly

We are the same, my husband only listens to music and is the account manager.  I want to access audiobooks.  Get it sorted Spotify

Suggested posts