Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How you join Family Premium when you are invited?

How you join Family Premium when you are invited?

How does the invited person join Premium family. When you accept the invitation, it gives you 3 alternatives, Facebook, login and registering, but not any logical simple way to vet in. What should you choose? Should you register or what? Or should you login? Cannot understand. Why should you register if you join an existing plan or account? If that is the case, how do you tell that you were invited and you want to join the Premium Family?

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

11 Replies

Hi there @NOMICASA ! 🙂

Each member of the Family plan will have their own separate account log in. These options are there in the event you already had a previous or current Spotify account that you would like to use under the Family option. If you haven't had an account, you will need to create one to be on the plan. There's a full support article here for Family and I have also copied the steps on how to join the plan below.
I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Join an existing Premium for Family plan

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to reside at the same physical address as the plan’s owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

All members have their own personal Premium account (so you don’t need to worry about asking the plan’s owner for their username and password). 

If you don't have an account yet, you’re given the option to create one as you join. If you do, and already have Premium, future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

I've tried to follow the steps below to assist my son in accepting the invitation I sent him to join my family sharing premium account. HOWEVER when he clicks on the accept invitation link sent to his email account he is always directed to MY profile on spotify. From here, we are only able to open spotfy with my email address and password and can not create a spotify account using his email address which I thought was the whole purpose of paying the extra subscription for a family account. Can you please clarify how we create an account for him that uses his email address but is part of my family subscription. 

Much appreciated.

Hey there @carneypf,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like your son is trying to accept the invitation from the same device it was sent from. In that case, it's possible you're still logged in with your own Spotify account on that device which would explain why he's getting redirected to it. 

If so, we'd suggest making sure to first log out of your account before he follows the steps to accept the invitation.

Alternatively, you can ask him to follow the following steps to join your plan:

1. Open an incognito or private window in the browser you're using.
  2. Access your email inbox from that window.
  3. Open the invite and click ACCEPT INVITATION 
  4. You'll be redirected to a page where you should be prompted to either log in (if you have already signed up for a Spotify account in the meanwhile) or sign up for one before seeing a confirmation.
  5.  You'll see a confirmation screen. Enter the details needed and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

You can confirm if his Spotify account is in your plan by heading here, then clicking Premium for Family in the menu on the left. Keep in mind that you'll need to be logged in your own Spotify account to check this 🙂

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to give us a shout! We'll be happy to help further.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello - I have read all of the answers above, followed the instructions but still not able to log in my daughter to our Premium account....I must be doing something wrong.  I have sent her the invite link, when she clicks on it, it goes to the screen to put in your email address.  She puts her email address and password in and it rejects.  The only other option is to put mine in but then she is signed in as me on her device which is not what we want.  I just want her to operate her music independent of our Spotify account.  Hoping someone can assist?  Thank you in advance...Kerrie, Australia

Hi @wex48,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

For starters, check if your daughter already has a Spotify account created or if she needs to create one. To do so, go to this link and enter her email address to create an account. If she gets a message that says 'This address is already linked to an existing account', it means she already has an account. In that case, the first thing to do would be to create a new password, so go here and tell her to use her email to set a new password.

Once done, send her a new invite to the Family plan and ask her to accept it using her email and recently created password. If that doesn't help, ask her to try it from an incognito tab or a different device. 

If nothing helps, let us know the exact message she gets when she tries to log in and accept the password. If you can send a screenshot, just make sure not to include any private info on the image.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello, 

I recently upgraded to family and I successfully added my daughter’s account but my husband is unable to join. He uses the link and when he submits the address it takes him to a page that says “Try again.” 

We live under the same roof and the same address is on all profiles, so I’m not sure what the issue is, please assist any way you can. 

Hi @nofu214,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Make sure that the country of your husband's account matches yours. If he has Premium linked to a payment method issued in another country, he may need to cancel first and wait until the account reverts to free. He can then set the correct country on his account page and should be able to join the plan. He may also have accidentally started another Family plan on his account, which he'll also need to cancel in order to accept your invite.

In case the countries already match, try opening the invite link in an incognito/private window, or with another browser/device. It's recommended you both use separate devices during the invite process, but note that you may need to log out from your account after sending the invite if you're sharing a device - that way your husband can log in to his own account and accept it.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately it still didn’t work, I’m still not sure what the issue is. He still has his own single premium account, I don’t believe he needs to cancel it to join mine but maybe that’s causing the problem?

Hi @nofu214,

Thanks for the reply. That is indeed a possibility. Usually, if you have an Individual plan and try to join a Family plan, it should cancel automatically, However, some special types of subs and some payment methods can prevent this. Advise the user to cancel their plan and try joining you again once the account has reverted back to free.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Hello all, 

I have a Family Premium account and i tried to add my sun and daughter to it but the system tells them they must be living at the same address. My account was created in Italy but now we live in Ecuador so i changed my address to Ecuador the same as my kids' address accoun but still not working. In the FAQ it says that for an account premium one just has to change the address in the profile. can someone help please? thank you

Hey @26094377,

Thanks for reaching out.

In order for the invite to work, all members must also have the same country settings in their accounts as mentioned by @Yordan above. 

If you've moved to Ecuador, you must enter a payment method that was issued in your new country of residence in order to update your account's country settings. Check out this article for more info and make sure that your kids update their settings as well before trying again.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts