Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Can't Sign Up for Family Plan

I Can't Sign Up for Family Plan

I have a Spotify Free account.  I am trying to upgrade to a family plan.  It won't let me because it says I once signed up for Spotify Premium (I guess I did although I don't remember doing such).

Is there any way for me to actually sign up for it?  I really don't care about the 90 days free - I'm happy to start paying right away.  I feel like if my wife signs up for this instead of me and then invites me it will just reject me again.

8 Replies

Hey @gkurr, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you let me know if you're trying to be a member of a Premium Family plan, or are you try to start a new Premium Family plan?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am trying to start a new family premium plan.

Turns out I was using same credit card as my wife was using for her premium.  That's why it wouldn't take.  I used a different credit card and then it worked.  Not sure why I had to do that though...

Hey @gkurr

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm happy to hear you got this issue fixed.

You won't be able to use the same payment method on two accounts, which is why you weren't able to enter the payment method your wife is using with her Premium account.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have same issue but only have 1 credit card. One of my two children has used my card in the past to sign up for spotify. I now want to sign whole family up on same credit card. How do I do this ?

Hey @JoshBrad,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Use this link. If this doesn't do it, you can check the available payment methods for your country on your account page and try with another payment method. 

Let us know if that helps!

PetyaModerator

That link worked. Thx

Hey again @JoshBrad,

Thanks for letting us know it worked!

We're happy to hear that. Feel free to reach out whenever you need further help.

Have  a great day! 

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts