Free/Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(Galaxy S7, PC)

Operating System

(Android 8.0, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So im trying from a week to buy a Family Subscription and i have all time errors:

My cards Mastercard and Visa -> "Payments failed. Try again or use other payment methods. Ask for help"

PayPal balance or card added to account (MC and Visa) -> "Something went wrong. Try again or ask for help."

I have funds on my cards and paypal balance and cant realize transaction...

I even created new Spotify and paypal account to check and got the same result.

Yes i tryed do this in incognito mode and same errors.

I will add, that my Mastercard and Visa cards are from others banks so its cant be Bank fault.

Can You help me please?

Best Regards.

11 Replies

Hey there @damianerro91,

thanks for posting in the community !

This sound very odd.

Before we proceed please check this limitations to make sure they aren't the reason why you can't subscribe :

• It’s not possible to purchase Premium for Family with a gift card .
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Waiting on your update so we can move forward and help solving the issue your having 😃

As i said i tryed this even on completly new / fresh account so i dont have any subscription and my status is FREE. I dont use GIFT cards, tryed virtual and psychical MasterCard and Visa cards.

Any solution? 😞

I even tryed today on my brother PC with his card (another bank than my) and still the same problem. 😕

I think it can be global or poland users problem, but im wondering why spotify dosnt fix this from a week?

Hey @damianerro91.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Try to check the following:

1. Is your payment method issued in the same country that’s registered to your Spotify account? 
    The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so we can verify your location. Check out how to change the country on your account.
  2. Has the card expired or been canceled? 
    Contact your bank or credit card company for further details or to request a new card. Then try signing up again with the updated payment details.
  3. Is your card enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions? 
    You can contact your bank or credit company to check this. You may also need to have your card set up for 3D Secure online transactions. Examples include “Verified by Visa” and “Mastercard SecureCode”.

Your bank should be able to tell you why a payment isn't going through.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Mi cuenta se cargó de Premium a Spotify gratis y no he podido volver a ingresar a mi plan. Recibí un enlace de invitación pero no he podido ingresar con mis detalles.

Adjunto el mensaje de error que recibí al ingresar mis datos.

desacargar_musica_gratis_online.jpg

Hey @tridantecuervo.

Welcome to the Community! We hope you don't mind us replying in English 🙂

Could you let us know the email address from which you received the email invite for the Premium for Family plan? 

In any case, we suggest you check out this support article and follow the steps there to make sure you account is secured.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello:

I'm facing exactly the same problem, right now. How did you solve it?

Tks

Filas1971

Hi,  I'm also having trouble with this

I used to be a Individual Premium user about a year ago (left for another service because you were taking your sweet time with family premium in South Africa)

I've heard from a friend that Spotify has since got Family Premium in SA but now I'm just stuck in this endless loop... I would update my payment details but can't find any since I've been on free for the past year.

The loop mentioned before, as follows:
Logged in I click on this plan:

Plan OptionPlan Option

I'm then given payment options to which I choose credit card.

Credit CardCredit Card

As soon as I pick credit card I get redirected back to original page and position with message: 'It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.'

Loop EndsLoop Ends

I've tried joining from my account page, but get the same result.

Was there a resolution here? I am having the same issue. I have tried to sign up for family premium for several days on different computer and different browsers and different credit cards and I always get the same error: Something went wrong. Try again or ask for help.

The credit card section does not ask for my name...could that be an issue?

Hi, my issue was that credit card section did not show up in the first place. Last night it just magically worked.

I think yours could be a payment issue.

Suggested posts