Announcements

I can't change my explicit content settings on Family account

Re: I can't change my explicit content settings on Family account

Hey @zeebadeeba86

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that!

Would you mind logging in to your account on a different PC to check if the issue persists there?

Additionally, could you ask a friend to log in with their account in your device to check if the option is available using a different account? If you'll ask someone who is in your Premium Family plan, make sure to enable this option for them first from your Account overview

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Regular
I tried logging into my account on different Mac OS machine but it's the same problem.
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to log in as different family user (yet).

Hi again @zeebadeeba86,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Not to worry. Just let us know as soon as you can test this with a different account and we'll see what we can suggest.

We'll be right here!

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Regular

Family member tried logging into their account on my machine and also on different Mac I have at home. However the other family member has the ability  to toggle explicit content on every computer but with my account it's not possible.

Attached picture is the settings  screen of family member and you can clearly see that the option can be toggled. This screenshot is taken from the same application on same machine where I'm having problems.

So that did not help and I still have the problem.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 14.56.10 copy.png

Hi there @zeebadeeba86,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

There might be an issue with your specific account in this case if the option doesn't show on any device.

We'd recommend trying to create a new account for test purposes and if toggling the Explicit Content filter functions normally there, you can follow the steps in this guide to transfer your music collection over. Note that you'll have to cancel your existing Premium Family subscription, presubscribe on the new account and re-invite your family members.

Hope you find this information useful.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Regular

I can turn on and off explicit content on mobile device, just not my desktop application (wherever I install that application).

I am NOT going to create new account and set up everything again. Like are you joking? That sounds like a lot of time spent on my part instead of you solving the problem. I am paying member and expect not to have these problems.

Please just ask someone from technical stuff to look into my specific account and why I'm having these issues. Up to this point nobody even asked me to provide any application logs or anything specific.

Hey @zeebadeeba86

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and check what's happening with your account. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Have a good one.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau
SUGGESTED POSTS