Announcements

I cannot find my playlist on sonos or other accounts

I cannot find my playlist on sonos or other accounts

Hans79
I cannot find my playlist (which is public) on sonos or other accounts. 
I have a premium familiy account and one of the accounts I use for my Sonos system. I created a public playlist that only appears in teh spotify app when I log in with the account used to create the playlist.  It is not a Sonos issue since the same happens if I log in the account of my son in the spotify app. Sharing playlist options do not work for Sonos.
It would be great if this can be resolved.

3 Replies

Re: I cannot find my playlist on sonos or other accounts

Peter

Hey @Hans79.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

When you create a playlist and make it public, it won't automatically appear in the list of playlists of any other account, even if that account is on the same Family plan as you.

You'll have to do one of the following instead in order for another account to access your playlist:

• send the other user a link to the playlist (click on the three dots > Share > Copy Playlist link to get the link)
  • ask the other user to search for your user profile on the Spotify app, where they'll be able to see all your public playlists

Once they've opened the playlist in their app, they can click Follow, which will save it to their playlists.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions or still need help with this 😉

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

ShadowedShooter
Visitor

Hi,

I was wondering how would I be able to do this my building which has Sonos in our gym but I don’t have access to the Spotify app, not changing their services on Sonos.

Thanks , 

Hardik

Alex

Hey @ShadowedShooter,

Welcome to the Community!

If you can't connect with your personal account or device to the Sonos speaker, try the following to make the playlist search easier:

• Make sure the playlist is set to Public.
  • Try to rename the playlist using some unique phrases.
  • Try searching for your Username and access the playlist from your profile.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS