Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have a Family Account, all members have their own profiles, and we cannot play simultaneously

I have a Family Account, all members have their own profiles, and we cannot play simultaneously

I have a Premium Family Plan and each user has a different profile. 

Due to work situations, my wife and I live in two cities and are apart occasionally.

When we try to play our own music on our own accounts on our own Google Home devices, we log each other out of the other's device with the message that says, "Sorry, your Spotify account is being played on another device"

Then I see her latest selection in my recently played list

This makes no sense, as she is using her account and I am on mine. 

The Google Home she is on is on her account, not mine.

Has anyone encountered this issue or similar? Please help, as we are about to cancel our Spotify accounts and just go to Google Music, as it will allow us to use the service we are paying for.

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed !

Can you try reaching Spotify directly with one of the options described here. I hope they will be able to help you with this. Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have the same problem. Somebody has a solution?

No, this does not work and it’s well-known by Spotify. It’s been over a year since they acknowledged it’s a problem but they haven’t made any progress on it. It makes Google Home with Spotify family memberships worthless. You may as well just have one Spotify account that everyone shares instead of paying for Family. Spotify’s marketing team doesn’t even know about this, they gave away Google Home minis to Spotify Family accounts not knowing they made the problem worse. Spotify’s left hand does not know what it’s right hand is doing. 

What’s even more dumb is that even if every family member linked their accounts and used voice match, it won’t work for guests or when voice match fails (which it does often), it will always play on your account. 

Even more annoying is that my kids take over my account and fill Spotify’s recommendations with kids music so the longer this goes on, the less I find Spotify useful. 

Suggested posts