Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens to my billing when I become a Premium for Family

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens to my billing when I become a Premium for Family

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

My Question or Issue

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade to Family?

The answer I found: If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price.

But now I am not sure about this answer, beacause my subscription is pre-paid through a Spotify gift card. It seems that this will give some kind of a conflict? I cannot see why, because it is a genuine Spotify gift card, but just to be sure. Do I just have to pay 5 euro / month extra?

2 Replies

Hello @MD-16!

Thanks for reaching out! According to other forums, you are required to cancel your current subscription/change it to the family plan. I assume the spotify gift card will still be there for you to use, depending on the amount left. I don't think it requires you to put another form of payment in if the gift card has enough for the subscription, so it will not charge you extra on a credit card/debit card/other form of payment, just the gift card.

I really hope this answers your question! If not, feel free to reply again with what I missed or any other questions you may have OR contact support.

- Emily

Hello Emily,

Thanks for the reply. The assumption the spotify gift card will still be there for me to use is a bit to vague. I am looking for a guarantee. Is this possible, or do I just try and when it fails, I can go back to the original plan?

Suggested posts