I'm not included in my Family Mix

I'm not included in my Family Mix

hydra3
Visitor

Plan

Premium Family

My Question or Issue

I noticed that none of my songs are included in the family mix. I checked with them and my stuff isn't on their playlists either. Any advice? I'd like to see my stuff in the playlists too. 

6 Replies

Re: I'm not included in my Family Mix

OneByBoo
Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hey there @hydra3,

thanks for posting !

May i ask how long have you been a part of your Family plan ?

Thanks 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Baronvonwhitby
Visitor

I've been using spotify for a couple years consistently and have the same problem

Xenia

Hello @Baronvonwhitby,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you don't have access to your Family Mix. Have you tried the steps outlined under Join or leave Family Mix on this support page?

It's also good to double-check that you're logged in to the right account. Check to see if you have any other accounts

If the above tactics don't work, we recommend you add your + VOTE to this ongoing issue and make sure to leave all the relevant information requested under the Status Update, so that the right folks can get to the bottom of this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

jennypallister
Music Fan

Hi! I’m pretty sure that if you go to the family mix playlist, and click the “...” at the top corner, there is an option to either join or leave the family mix. Hope this helps!

doubleoseddon

I’ve also had this problem. It shows me as being the only member of my family in the family mix even though I know my family members have re-joined and there are some tracks of theirs in the mix. Also, there are no recent tracks in the mix which suggests that it doesn’t update much or at all. Do you have a fix for this as it’s a really good idea for shared car journeys when people can’t agree on the music to be played? 

Alex

Hi there @doubleoseddon,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Make sure that everyone in the family plan has joined the Family Mix from this page

It's also a good idea for anyone who is not able to access the mix to log out from Everywhere and run a clean reinstall of the app, which involves deleting the app cache. Corrupted cache between devices can sometimes cause issues. Another thing they can try is to access the family mix from the Web player and check whether they can see it in the Made for You section.

As a Family plan owner you should be able to manage which accounts can generate suggestions for the Family mix by selecting Manage Members when you click the 3-dot menu icon on the family mix on Mobile.

A workaround for family car trips would be to create a new collaborative playlist where everybody can add their songs.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS