Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to merge Playlists and Library among family members?

Is it possible to merge Playlists and Library among family members?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I previously used my wife's individual Premium account, to which both of us have added a great deal of content (Playlists, Library, etc). We have now upgraded to a Family Premium plan, but my account is new, and of course is empty. Is it possible to populate my plan with all the content from her plan? (Playlists, Library, etc.). I know I can use the share function for individual playlists and Library entries, but that will be very tedious. I would prefer to do it all in one stroke if possible.

2 Replies

Hi,

From what I understand you have to follow all her playlists.

Another option would be to create playlist / library yourself and drag and drop her playlists in. Make sure her playlists are public.

Unfortunately I don't think there's an easier all encompassing way yet 😞

Yeah, I think you're right. I was able to re-follow all the public playlists by viewing her playlists from within my account. But the lists I created myself I won't be able to modify.

I was also able to see her followed Artist list from within my account, so that was also just a simple matter of clicking follow on all the ones that are mine. But the same thing is not possible with followed Albums list for some reason, so I don't think there's any way to transfer my followed Albums over.

Anyway, thanks for you r reply. 🙂

Suggested posts