Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue joining Premium Family

Issue joining Premium Family

Plan

Premium

Country

Lithuania

Device

OneNote 7T Pro

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I tried joining spotify family and I got an error: There was a problem, try again later. When I connected to my profile it automatically changed my plan from Spotify Premium to Spotify Premium Family. I never payed for full Family Premium. Would it be possible somehow to join an actual family? I don't want to create a new account.

5 Replies

Hi there @Whooopsy1,

thanks for reaching out !

Can you please check out your current subscription status over at your account overview page ?

If it shows a subscription you did not want and upgraded by mistake, please follow the cancellation steps provided here to avoid any unexpected charges.

Furthermore, if you want to join a current Family plan, please read all about the plan and steps needed here.

Hope this helps.

I would love to assist more if needed 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo,

I canceled the premium as soon as I noticed it and I wasn't charged for Family premium. As for joining the Family I know how to do it but I think the issue here is that my account was upgraded to an Family Premium on it self so now I won't be able to join current Family with my account. I think I will need to create a send account for this. I really don't want to have a new account just because of this issue.

Hi @Whooopsy1,

thanks for checking out my post !

I'm a bit confused from your post as an account cannot automatically be upgraded to a different subscription.

Regarding the new account in order to join ? are you trying to be invited by a family member or do you want to be the owner of the plan ?

If you wish to be the owner, you account should be upgraded to Premium Family so you can control the invitees.

However, if you want to get an invite, all you need is a basic Free account or regular Premium.

Waiting on your update 🙂

I have a family invite when I clicked it I got an error message. After that
went to check my account and it said family premium but i never had it

Hi @Whooopsy1,

You current account status is showing that you're on the Family plan ?

If so that means your subscription is indeed Family plan.

What makes you believe you're not ? what error are you getting ?

Is it possible the invite went through after all ?

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Suggested posts