Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with joining a family subscripton

Issues with joining a family subscripton

Hello
I was invited to join my family's subscription, but this turned out to be difficult, as I apparently allready have a family subscription all by my self, with no other members but me. As far as I know, I have only changed my account twice: From free to premium years ago, and from card-payment to paypal. Other than that, I have made no changes to my account. Yet, it turns out I have been paying extra for a family subscription for who knows how long! (seeing as my bank summaries only says "spotify" and doesn't specify what subscription I am paying for, this has not been brought to my attention before now.) 
Well, so I had to cancle both my family and my premium in order to try and join the family subscription when my time ran out on the other subs.
It ran out today, and i was on a free account. So I access my email, follow the link on the new invite I have gotten for a family subscription and it wants me to enter paypal info. I'm thinkin, ok, this is just for information purposes, right. After all, I did follow the invite link in my email. 
No. 
I am still in a family on my own, unable to join my family's subscription, AND I have had to pay for yet another month of family, despite canceling the family right after, and only having premium. 
What is going on here? why am I unable to join the family and, well.. seeing as I have not changed my account to family willingly or knowingly, i have lost a lot of money on this..
Any thoughs, helps would be greatly appreciated
-Elisabeth

3 Replies

Hey there @lumiee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Have you tried searching your email inbox for any receipts from Spotify? We usually send one at the start of a subscription and it should include more info, like the amount and subscription you have. You can also view this in your account page by following the steps here.

Further, make sure that your plan's owner is sending the invite to the correct email address. If you are using the same device (that it was sent from) to accept your invitation, make sure that the owner has logged out of their account first. You can also try accepting the invite in an incognito or private window.

On another note, you can check out our refund policy here.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

According to the reciept page, I have been paying for family since july 2018. But I have not made this upgrade to familyt myself, and I did not try to join a family subscription til september. Which means I have payed for family for at least 3 months. I have NOT changed my acount from Premium to Family, so I do NOT know why I am being charged for it!
I am NOT using the same device as the invite was sent from and the invite has been sent to the correct email. So I still dont know why I am unable to join this subscription, and when I try to join, via the link I have gotten on email, I am still set up in a fmily subscription alone, AND I am being charged for it.. 

Hey again @lumiee,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Could you make sure that the owner of the plan you're trying to join is logged in their own account? To check that, you can ask the owner to log in their account page in incognito or private window in their browser, then try resending you the invite. You can also accept on an incognito/private window the new invite and see how it works.

If that doesn't help, do you see an error message or are you redirected to subscribe for Premium for Family from your account right away? If you're seeing an error message, it'd be helpful if you could send us a screenshot so we can take a closer look. Just make sure it doesn't include any private/sensitive info.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts