Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just opened account - can't confirm address

Just opened account - can't confirm address

Just opened an account today. US address and credit card. I'm in Switzerland with a VPN. Every time my daughter tries to accept the family invite it says she must be at the same address even though the EXACT SAME ADDRESS is selected on the same device with the same VPN location. 

(note, I also tried with my local switzerland address which didn't work either). 

Premium Family Plan

US Account

7 Replies

Hey there @dmoak8!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

To join a Family plan, all members must reside at the same physical address as the plan owner.

We don't advise using a VPN to start a Family plan since that would go against the Terms and Conditions for the Family plan.

If you are all currently in Switzerland, you can take a look here to see how to change the country settings on your account and start a plan with your local address.

Let us know if this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm here temporarily and ALL my billing (and credit cards) are US based at my US residence. I can turn off the VPN (I almost always have it on for work). 

Thanks for getting back to us with more info @dmoak8!

We understand that this might not be ideal, but in this case it would be best to try and create your Family plan when you're back at home.

Then you can be certain that all accounts that are joining the plan have the correct country settings and that the network you're using won't be causing any trouble.

Feel free to let us know if you need help with anything else.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

so in other words, wait a year? thanks for your help .

so I was able to use my wife's swiss card. so now I've got to wait a month before i can add my family?

So even now that I added a swiss card, i can't add family. 

Thanks for your reply @dmoak8.

When you change your country setting by registering a new payment method, the changes will take effect from your next billing date.

You can check the date on your account page, under Your plan.

If you'd like to speed this process up, you could reach out to our support team here.

They can revert your account to free, so that you will be able to change your country settings and subscribe with the Swiss card. Just keep in mind that you'll be charged directly.

Give us a shout if you have any other questions. 

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts