Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kicked out of family plan

Solved!

Kicked out of family plan

I was not able to vefiry my account/confirm my address during the 7-day span given to me on my email and now I'm back to free account.

How do I verify my account or get back to my family's plan? My sister tried to invite me but I always get this message "You're unable to join this Family plan. Need help? Read our FAQ."

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @433-p_qodeznt, thanks for writing.

Sometimes the information once given to Spotify (regarding the users’ addresses) don’t match the ones they have. The data might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated, hence the removal of some users.

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them. One is filling out the online contact form.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

You can also use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

When you message them, inform all the e-mail addresses on the plan.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @433-p_qodeznt, thanks for writing.

Sometimes the information once given to Spotify (regarding the users’ addresses) don’t match the ones they have. The data might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated, hence the removal of some users.

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them. One is filling out the online contact form.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

You can also use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

When you message them, inform all the e-mail addresses on the plan.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify increased its aggresivity against Family Plans. They are expelling everybody, without checking correctly if home address is the same or not. 

Spotify, you are dead. This is your end. 

“aggresivity” now there’s a spelling bee championship word

hello Spotify I was kicked out from my family plan and I live with my husband in the same household. I work with my playlist and now I don't have acces anymore. rethinking paying the family plan and just creating my playlist on youtube or maybe going back to my  old mp3 music on my old ipod.  o better going back yo my old cds. they don't act on you for no reason.

Hey @danielaalvarez,

Thanks for your reply here and the info shared.

We understand where you're coming from and we really appreciate the time you took to write to us. We'd suggest double-checking the email linked to your account, perhaps you will find further info about this behavior there. Additionally, it'd be a good idea to check with the owner of the plan if everything is in order on their side.

On another note, we'd suggest you also contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you check your account more thoroughly. They can add further insights about this behavior. You can find how to contact them here

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts