Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kids app needs repeat option

Kids app needs repeat option

I've just created kids accounts for my two daughters, being tired of them always wanting to listen to the same song over and over. It didn't take many seconds after installing the kids app to notice the lack of possibility to repeat a song. Please give us this feature, so I don't have to listen to twinkle twinkle anymore.

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Sweden

Operating System

Android

6 Replies

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Please if you want this feature you can put your idea for Spotify Developers. Once you have published your idea, they will investigate to see if it is worth giving it a try. Have a wonderful day.

Hey @pyro987, thanks for reaching out to the  Community!

There is a repeat button on Spotify Kids. You should see this option on the Now Playing view on the app. Once a song is playing, you may click the Now Playing Bar below the app then you'll see the repeat button beside the next button.

If you're not able to see this option, could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly on the Now Playing view?

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thanks for helping out.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the"now playing" view as I don't find something that really looks like the one in the "normal" app.

The screenshot attached is what shows up if I click the bar in the bottom of the app with the control buttons. This is the way I would open the "now playing" view in the standard app.

Screenshot_20200717-132252.png

Thank you for your suggestion to put my idea up for the spotify developers. Problem is that I don't know how to do that. (I'm really new in the community.) Would it be possible for you to tell me how to go about to do that?
Br
Pyro

Hey @pyro987,

I just took a closer look, and I can confirm that what you're seeing is the expected behavior. Apologies for the confusion.

You can check out this Spotify Answer so that you can create a new idea for this feature request - you'll also find more info there on how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify.

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Each time I go to submit a new idea, the website just flickers. It's ridiculous. The Kids app on the ipad should have a repeat button. And, I should be able to submit my idea, but I CAN'T, because this site is dumb!

Suggested posts