Kids - sharing collaborative playlists?

Solved!

Kids - sharing collaborative playlists?

Plan Premium for Family

Country Sweden

Operating System Android

App Spotify Kids

My Question or Issue

When, in the kids app, selecting playlists to share my collaborative playlists does not show up. Is this a bug or meant to be so?
(Me and my wife have collaborative playlists with music for the kids, and we now want to let our kids find those lists when they use the kids app.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

8 Replies

Hi there @Ollebl,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You should be able to share your playlists with your kids. Head over to this Article for more info on how exactly to do that.

You can also have a look at the Support page for more instructions.

Hope this helps. If you encounter any difficulties, we're always a click away 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
While that guide is great it does not solve this problem.
"4. Tap the “Shared Playlists” section in your kids’ profile. Then, you’ll be able to see your Spotify playlists and select the ones you want to share with each child."
This works fine for all my playlists but with my collaborative playlists that simply does not show in the Kids app.
If I set one of those playlists as private it does show app, can be shared and used in the Kids app. But if I later change it to collaborative it simply dissapears from the Kids app.

Hope this can be solved as I belive many parents, like us, want both to be able to work with our kids playlists.

Cheers.

Hi @Ollebl,

Thanks for letting us know that. 

We can confirm that it's not possible to share collaborative playlists to Kids profiles via the app.

You can only only share your personal playlists with them.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

This unfortunately mean that using the Kids app is far less interesting.
Hope that a solution can be found.
The risk of explicit lyrics etc. being played from collaborative playlists
is all on our shoulders as parents.

Hey @Ollebl,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate your feedback and have past it on to the right folks. In the meantime we recommend that you also post an idea that request the option to share collaborative playlists via the Kids app. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

One possible workaround for you could be to copy all songs from the collaborative playlist to a personal one that can then be shared via the Kids app.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

it would be great if that would be possible because as parents we choose the songs of the playlist for our children together. As Alex I miss this function, too.

Marked as solution

I cannot find the idea that was submitted related to this issue.

"We can confirm that it's not possible to share collaborative playlists to Kids profiles via the app."

Is there a plan to start supporting this? It would be ideal to allow multiple "grown ups" to be able to share songs with a child. Seems like the easiest approach would be if you allow the family manager to share a playlist that is:
1) created by them
2) that they have invited a collaborator to

Suggested posts