NEXT STEP

Language settings for not native residents

Solved!

Language settings for not native residents

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi I have premium family account: currently resident in germany but I would like to change settings only for language (email and communication would be more easy in English). It is feasible checking some replies but it is not clear the how to. Any support?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ccastelpat,

It looks like this is not possible. Check this.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @ccastelpat,

It looks like this is not possible. Check this.

Regards,

René

Is this still not fixed?
I am in the same type of situation in which I live in a country where I do not speak the native language. I just want my account to be in English. Payment receipts, other emails and items in the local language are useless to me.

Surely there must be a large number of users in this same type of situation. I have seen dozens of closed or inactive ideas on the spotify community with lots of like/kudos and yet still nothing being done in terms of a fix from spotify.

Why?

spotify language.png

Hey there @AdamStevens,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Use this article to change the language settings in your Spotify account and let us know what happens.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@Petya

I have already done what the article you sent instructs me to do and no, the issue is not fixed. All the reading I have done on the Spotify community, plus an extensive chat via chat window with one of your service staff has indicated that this is a long standing issue (see link) which is still no where near being fixed.

Disappointing to say the least. Obviously spotify can produce emails and UIs in english so why can't they give an option for users to select this within their profile? As mentioned in the comment linked above - it is 2019 (2018 at the time of that comment) and the fact that the global nature of our lives is cannot be addressed is shocking.

Can't say I hold much hope that this will be fixed anytime soon, seeing as how it appears to have been an issue for years.

Suggested posts