Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Leave a Family Plan

Leave a Family Plan

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8/Macbook Air

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I was part of a family plan with whom I no longer live with, so I took myself off the Premium for Family plan and attempted to create my own family plan using my visa. After setting this plan up, the tab in my settings labelled "Premium Family" has all previous members of the family plan I had just removed myself from, and I was still considered a member. However, the tab titled "Subscription" says my method of payment is now under my visa. How do I permanently remove myself and visa card from that account without cancelling that family's subscription altogether, as well as make my own account entirely separate from theirs?

3 Replies

Hi @jolitalien, thanks for writing.

That's odd! The invited members of the Premium for Family aren't able to remove themselves from the plan. Only the Administrator (who sends the invites) can manage the members.

I guess you were logged in the Administrator's account when you removed yours.

So if I'm right, you should revert the payment method to the previous one (the credit card that's not yours) then remove your account from the plan.

After that, make sure you're logged in your account to create a new Premium for Family plan.

Let me know if this works!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Two subsequent concerns, one being that it currently says on my app I am not premium and asks me to upgrade, and two, how would I revert the payment method to the previous card

Well @jolitalien, if you log in the Administrator's account and see your own account set as active in the Family plan, but on the other hand you log in your account and it shows as Free, you probably have more than one Spotify account.

Please follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

Regarding the payment method, you could get in touch with the Administrator of your Family plan and explain the situation to sort it out.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts