Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking Alexa to Spotify Family for Music Streaming

Linking Alexa to Spotify Family for Music Streaming

Hi, apologies if this has been answered in community already but I have searched and cannot find an answer.

My wife and I have had separate premium accounts for many years, but over the last 12-18 months we have put all our home automation and speaker eggs firmly in the basket of Amazon Echo. 

My issue, or rather hers, is that in the spotify app on her phone she cannot see all the echo devices for streaming. I have the Alexa app on her phone logged in as me but because obviously Alexa only has my Spotify account linked, she does not have the option to stream to the Echos. Alexa does not (easily) permit two Spotify accounts to be linked.

Therefore, my question is that if I upgrade to Spotify Family and invite her to the plan, will she then see all the Echo devices through my Family Plan being linked to Alexa? 

And, beyond that, can she then stream to an Echo upstairs while I stream to one downstairs?

Thanks for any help/advice the community can provide...!

2 Replies

Hey, @WhoDersWins 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You just need to connect Spotify to Alexa through Alexa app, and you'll be able to use Spotify using any device you have there in your home.Screenshot_20190731-113449.png

If you're not getting the possibility to play Spotify on your Echo devices, I suggest that you check out this following article and check if any additional information can help you with your issue:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You didn’t read his question (just love copy and paste replies from support /s)

What they are asking is not possible really. I’ve read of people adding an additional “Echo” user to their family and dedicating to their Alexa devices. Still, not an ideal solution since you can’t control Spotify from the app, only with your voice

Another option I saw was having multiple Amazon accounts, and just switching between them when you interact with Spotify.

I’ve just forfeited my whole experience to my wife...

Suggested posts