Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile App Wont Upgrade Fully to Premium

Mobile App Wont Upgrade Fully to Premium

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently joined a fmaily plan for spotify premium. My desktop app is fully upgraded, and has all the premium features. Though on my iPhone X, I don't think it has fully upgraded.

I can listen without ads, skip and choose specific songs to listen to without shuffle, but the interface is still what seems to be the free version. When I go to my library tab, It only has the large "Music" and "Podcasts" tabs at the top, with "Playlists", "Artists", and "Albums" underneath. There is so songs tab, or anything else that the rest of the members of the family plan have.

Additionally, when I saved an album, the songs themselves would have to be saved again seperately.

I tried reinstalling the app, but all that did was delete my whole library of saved albums. 

I have checked to make sure I'm signed into the right account, and it clearly says "Premium" under the subscriptoion.

Edit: I have tried logging into another user's premium account on my device, and all features worked fine for them. So it seems the problem is with my account and not the device I'm using.

spotify library.png
1 Reply

Hey there @Alecbcd,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Regarding the look of the app, we're always testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. This would explain why you're seeing this look on your account but another's account doesn't. You can read more here.

On another note, regarding your Albums, in the new look, Albums or Artists in your collection will link directly to the catalogue view, not as a list of saved songs in Your Library.

Further, when you heart an album, it should appear in Albums. Since you're mentioning that yours doesn't show up in the mobile app, let us know if you've tried hearting them.

Keep in mind that an album's tracks will not appear in your saved Songs collection. In any case, you can stilll download the album you want for offline listening. 

Hope this helps clarify things. We'll be happy to help if you've for more questions 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts