Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More issues trying to redeem a Google Home Mini

More issues trying to redeem a Google Home Mini

So here's a some more info for those who, like me, are still trying to get their free Google Home Mini they were promised if they upgraded to the Premium Family Plan. I received my link this morning, but it took me (via Spotify) to the google store page, where I was being asked to "Choose your Google Home Mini". Except there was nothing to click on or choose, just a grey page under the text, where I assume normally the picture of the mini would be. I contacted Spotify and this is the response: "Thanks for waiting. I've checked and it seems that we've already reached the daily redemption limit for the Google Home Mini. Demand has been very high. No worries, I can assure you that you'll be able to redeem it. However, I advise that you try again after 24 hours. APologies for the trouble this has caused." **I asked how many days it might take to finally redeem** "Just try again after 24-48 hours. What I can assure you right now is you're eligible for it and you'll be able to redeem it. It's just that demand has been very high." So, even though I woke up at 6:30am on a Saturday and tried to redeem my mini, apparently there has been enough eager Spotify users who have beat me to it today, and I have to try again tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day..... This has to be one of the worst run promotions I've been lucky enough to be part of. How helpful it wold be if there was some sort of message or info to guide customers through this whole sh itshow. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 6.57.34 AM.png
2 Replies

Hi, Same problem here, however the response Johanncerecke got sounds like a fob off rather than something legitimate. (I got my email one hour before saying that my device was reserved and available to redeem so I didn't buy the no more available try again tomorrow). I tried two different computers, two different browsers and two different internet connections without avail. When I contacted support they went through the following: - Use Google Chrome - Confirm that I'm not running on a VPN - Confirm that I'm not running abroad - Try using Google Incognito The last one worked for me. I have no idea why (as trying two different computers/browsers/internet connections didn't resolve the issue) - but it did work. If you're running on a VPN, or a DNS forwarder such as getflix I'd suggest disabling it. Also try Incognito - hopefully this will resolve the issue for you. Good Luck.

Yes, I tried again and it worked this time. I should add that I had tried previously today with 2 different browsers, on 2 different devices (iPad and desktop) in private and non private modes. This time I used the incognito mode in Chrome on the desktop, although I think the main issue is correct as stated by Spotify, there are only a limited number per day available. However, it's obviously a day in some other time zone to here (Australia EST), and the 'day' has clicked over. It wasn't all smooth sailing, the issue I had was the first time I tried to redeem earlier today I had placed a Google Home Mini in my cart, and so now Google thought I wanted 2 home minis, neither of which had a discount applied. I deleted both from my cart, and logged out, restarted Chrome, made new incognito window and went through the process again. This time successfully, the promo code worked and the discount was applied at checkout. Good luck everyone!

Suggested posts