Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving in together - best way to merge Spotify, Prime and Echos?

Moving in together - best way to merge Spotify, Prime and Echos?

My gf and I are moving in together and we both have our own Spotify accounts and Amazon Pr!me accounts with Echos and Firesticks. We want to streamline with Spotify Family and a shared Prime account, but I can't wrap my head around how best to do this with our Alexa devices. Sometimes I want to listen to my playlist in the kitchen and sometimes she wants to listen to hers. How do I best do this without tripping over each other when it comes to playlists and two Family members listening at the same time? What about different rooms listening to our accounts simultaneously?

How do I listen to my Spotify Discover Weekly on Alexa(1) and she listen to her Discover playlist on Alexa(2)? What if we want to switch rooms and devices? This is so confusing. Any ideas?

Plan

Family/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10,OSX)

4 Replies

Hey @gsbryant.

Thanks for your question - I'd be happy to help you guys out 🙂

Great to hear that you want to sign up for Premium for Family! You won't have to create new accounts for this, and your accounts won't be merged into one, so you don't have to worry about that at all. All it takes is for one of you to sign up for a Family plan here, and then add then send an invite to the other person to become a member of your plan. Make sure to check out this article for a bit more info on how this works.

Once both your accounts are part of the Family plan, you can link your Spotify accounts as normal to your Alexa accounts via the Alexa app (here are some instructions on how to do that). Hopefully you'll each have an Alexa account assigned to a separate Echo device, so that when you want to play music on Spotify, you'll be able to listen on your own Echo.

You can also play Spotify on your Echos using Spotify Connect (ie without linking your Spotify accounts to your Alexa accounts). In the Spotify app you will see your Echo speakers listed among the sources. Here's some more info about Connect and how it works.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions about this - we'll be right here 😉

@peter

would i not need to setup an Amazon account for my mum and dad as well? 

Hey @user-removed.

Yep - you'll need to set up an Amazon account for each of them. They should also have their own Spotify accounts, which need to be linked to their respective Amazon accounts.

Hope that helps 🙂

Amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing this. Also try using cool site for creating account on these sites. It's useful.

Suggested posts