Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Iphones

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

We have 4 family members on this account who want to listen to their own music in their own rooms at the same time through their own chosen external speakers. When one is using through one speaker and another family member connects to the speaker in their room, the original room loses their music. How can I stop this happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's quite odd. Are you sure each of you is logged in into his own Spotify account?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks Felix. It worked.

My daughter was signed into the account under my user details. I removed her from Premium Family and then re invited her and it now works as it should!

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @MrHead1963,

Is it possible that all of your speakers are connected in some way so that Spotify thinks they are all just one single device?

Usually, you should be able to choose the speaker/device you want to connect with when listening on Spotify, as long as the devices are using the same wifi connection.

Let me know how it goes.

Felix

Hi Felix

Thanks for your reply.

We can choose which speaker we wish to play on but when for example I'm listening to music in the kitchen via an external Sonos speaker and my daughter then chooses to listen to her music in her bedroom on an Alexa speaker, mine disconnects, hers works and vice versa. I'm sure that the make of speaker has any affect. They are all on the same wi fi.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Marked as solution

That's quite odd. Are you sure each of you is logged in into his own Spotify account?

I’m not sure to be honest. I looked online to see if I could make any changes there but couldn’t. That might be the reason. How do I know?

No worries! Here's an official help page on this. Just go to "Manage your Premium for Family plan" > "Manage Members"

I hope this helps, let me know.

Felix

This is a pretty big negative in my opinion for most streamin music services. Amazon Music Family plan is the only service I have found that allows streaming to multiple devices from a single user account. with spotify family and others each family account can have one stream, this does not work well for things such as streaming different music to multiple smart speakers that can only be confiugred with a single account (a home of 4 amazon echos for example).

Marked as solution

Thanks Felix. It worked.

My daughter was signed into the account under my user details. I removed her from Premium Family and then re invited her and it now works as it should!

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul, that's so awesome! I'm really glad I could help you and your family out.

If you ever need help, don't hesitate to come here to the Community.

Happy listening!

Felix

Edit: I've marked your last message as Solution so that others find it right below your initial post. 🙂

Suggested posts