Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple users, multiple sonos speakers

Solved!

Multiple users, multiple sonos speakers

Hiya,

in our home we have a number of Sonos speakers all connected to Spotify.  And we are more than one person.

It regularly happens that my wife is listening to Spotify on the Sonos speaker in the living room while I want to listen to Spotify on the Sonos speaker in the kitchen.  And sometimes I am listening to Spotify on the computer while my daughter wants to listen to Spotify on the Sonos speaker in her room.

My understanding is that the family plan allows each USER to have their own stream -- but I am more interested that each DEVICE has its own access. We have more than 5 devices but never more than five streams in parallel.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Niels

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No you dont change the settings on the box. So lets use your example about you and your wife switching rooms. When she walks into the kitchen and wants to play her music all she has to do is click devices on the bottom of the screen on the app or the devices available on the computer and click on the device name that is in the kitchen. Same goes for you, if you were to go into the living room. 

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Sorry i kinda wrote that weirdly. 

Using the same example as you stated. If your wife decides that she has to do something in the kitchen, all she has to do is click on "Devices" which is located on the bottom part of the screen of the app, or "Devices Available" on the computer which is located on the bottom right corner of the webplayer next to the volume control. 

Since you are using 5 devices i would recommend, if you have the option to, naming the devices so then you know which one to connect to without interfering with anyone elses connection. 

Keanu_CSpotify Star

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @nielsrump Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes! This can be done. So what happens in the Family plan is that each member in the family plan is given their own premium. When that happens techincally each member will have their own account, which means different Daily Mix, Playlist, Radio, etc. So in the Family plan you are given 6 spaces. 1 as the Owner of the Family plan and 5 as the members. Since each account is different they can play their music without interruption from any other accounts or devices. 

If you have any other question let me know 🙂

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Thanks, Keanu.

Alas: I am not convinced. Assume that I am in the kitchen listening to "my" stream. And my wife is in the living room with "her" stream. Now we need to swap rooms.

Doesn't that mean that I now need to change the setting of the two Sonsos boxes to (the kitchen now needs to point to my wife's stream and the living room needs to point to mine? Would that not be a real pain to constantly do?

Thanks,

Niels

Marked as solution

No you dont change the settings on the box. So lets use your example about you and your wife switching rooms. When she walks into the kitchen and wants to play her music all she has to do is click devices on the bottom of the screen on the app or the devices available on the computer and click on the device name that is in the kitchen. Same goes for you, if you were to go into the living room. 

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Sorry i kinda wrote that weirdly. 

Using the same example as you stated. If your wife decides that she has to do something in the kitchen, all she has to do is click on "Devices" which is located on the bottom part of the screen of the app, or "Devices Available" on the computer which is located on the bottom right corner of the webplayer next to the volume control. 

Since you are using 5 devices i would recommend, if you have the option to, naming the devices so then you know which one to connect to without interfering with anyone elses connection. 

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Ah, yes -- I did not consider to use the Spotify app as I normally use the Sonos App... 

Thanks!

Niels

I'm glad i can help! Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions let me know 🙂

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Suggested posts