Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Daughter controls my music

My Daughter controls my music

Hi, I have a premium family account and we use all 5 accounts. Whenever I am listening to Spotify on my device and my daughter starts using it on her device, her music starts playing on mine. This doesnt happen when the other 3 users on my family plan listen to Spotify on their devices, so why is it happening with hers? The only thing I can think of is that up until recently, her devices had my Apple ID on them. She now has her own Apple ID. But her email address hasnt changed. Help please!

6 Replies

Hey @Paulzy391 

Could you please confirm whether you are trying to use the same spotify account or different ones?

To use the family plan, each member needs to have their own spotify account and the owner can then send invites to other members. You can see the instructions here Premium for Family

Your family members can head to this link to sign up for their own spotify account, they can either do this via email or using their FB account.

Hope this helps! Have a great day 🙂

I am having the same problem. We have a family plan. My daughter has her own account and I have my own account. Please help. 

Hey @tepunam,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'll do our best to help out.

The only way another account can control the playback on your device is when your account is logged on the device they're using.

Can you let us know if this is happening when she uses a home speaker/ TV.

The more details you provide the better 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The way in which Spotify supports a family plan is super annoying.  It would be SO much better if it just allowed playing music on up to 5 devices.  Knock it off with the "your account is being used on another device" **bleep**.  Getting all the accounts and voice recognition squared away so my account doesn't get hijacked by my kids is next to impossible.  Really aggravating.  Makes me want to look elsewhere.

The account set up is a complete mess.  There doesn’t appear to be any way to get a human to assist - just FAQ’s with a “I was the helpful” button - no…. “Thanks for your feedback”.  I’m not looking to provide feedback I need my account back.  Same problem as those above.  I need a human to assist

Hey @DanClark,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If someone else is controlling your playback, it means that your account is logged in on a different device and trying to play music at the same time as @Alex previously mentioned.

In case you have a Family Plan, make sure every user is using their own account to avoid affecting each other's playback. To do so, all users should log out from their devices and log back in, but using their own email/username and password (or other login credentials), instead of yours.

Lastly, if the issue persists, we'd recommend performing a security process by using the steps mentioned in this article on the section “still have access to your account?” and avoid sharing your password with other users to prevent this from happening.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts