Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is glitched

My account is glitched

Hello Spotify Community,

Recently my brother created a family plan. Initially, everything was working fine as I had put the correct address and information into the family. Now suddenly my account cannot verify my home address. I try to change my password of my account and log in with the changed password but it says it doesn't work. I try to reconnect to the family plan with the correct credentials but it doesnt allow me to. Altogether, I think my account is glitched and there is something wrong with it. 

When I send an email for help from my facebook account I don't get a response in my email account making me think they are separate while in theory, they aren't. Could someone please help me .

3 Replies

Hey @borismulder

You should ask for a password reset. That should give you access to your account again.

Then, tell your Family Admin to send by himself the link generated through INVITE WITH LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website. You should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of you being left out.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

the problem I am facing that when I reset the password it doesn't transfer over to my account. I tried accepting with another account and it worked but not with my facebook account. I don't want to lose all my playlist and for some reason, i can't reconnect to facebook through a different account

@borismulder

If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, I'd recommend to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook (if you haven't already). That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts